Manager, Dubbing Operations
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The International Dubbing team is responsible for getting those amazing programs to Netflix's growing international audience. Centered around dubbing/VO production, a great team environment, and cutting-edge technology, this group is critical to our ability to providing the best dubbed experience to our global subscribers. International Dubbing is responsible for supervising all aspects of dubbing production working closely with our Content Creative, Physical Production, and Product Operations teams.
The Manager, Dubbing Operations will be the main liaison and cross-functional contact for their respective creative content vertical in International Dubbing. Creative content verticals at Netflix are organized by Films, Series, International, Unscripted/Docs/Com, and Kids/Family/Animation.
• Advocate, understand, communicate, and exemplify the company's values
• Work closely with respective Dubbing Operation Specialists teams to ensure that all respective workflows are established, in compliance and implemented.
• Liaise with internal Netflix cross-functional teams on schedules, material tracking, budgets, and troubleshooting, in order to meet quality standards across all platforms.
• Execute, refine and enhance NETFLIX dubbing strategy within respective vertical.
• Collaborate with Post Partnerships & Integration and Finance Operations regarding rate cards/dubbing cost negotiations as it relates to the Direct to Dub Studio initiative.
• Manage and help standardize dubbing workflows between the U.S and regional/territory Netflix offices.
• Attend conferences, meetings and industry events, be prepared to articulate plans, overviews, strategies, etc. that could be of help to his/her vertical.
• Assist Finance Operations Manager with tracking and maintaining operational costs for their vertical (as required/needed).
• Collaborate with Engineering and Systems and Innovations teams and share information in order to innovate/improve Netflix tools, while striving to develop user/studio-friendly interfaces.
• Monitor dubbing studio(s) workflows and establish/brand NETFLIX standards and presence in order to keep continuity/consistency between studios throughout the regions.
• Manage a team of Dubbing contractors.
• A minimum of 5 years project management or supervision experience (creative/operations, respectively).
• Ability to inspire trust and team building skills while creating professional representation on behalf of NETFLIX.
• Experience leading/supervising dubbing and localization operations team members.
• Highly analytical and able to get to the root cause of a problem; able to creatively figure out a solution or propose changes to existing workflows as required
• Adaptability and resilience to quick changes in priorities, technology, tools and workflow.
• Must be a team player and self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Must possess excellent presentation skills with the ability to concisely present NETFLIX's unique values via phone, email, online video conferences, trade shows, etc.
• Preferred Skills: Understanding or experience with audio terminology, Microsoft Office , Google Suite, Apple Suite, Salesforce CRM, SKYPE, Line and other messaging apps.
• Willingness to travel.
• Bachelor's degree preferred and/or equivalent, relevant work experience.
• Fluency in English written and spoken required. Being bilingual or a multi-lingual a plus.