Manager Creative Marketing International Originals - DACH
Full Time Job
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 125 million memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Originals content is core to our ongoing global success, and to support this global expansion we are quickly growing our slate of international originals. These originals are produced in local language, using local production companies and talent. We believe that creating local original content will help us delight and win over local audiences while also building love for Netflix around the world.
We are looking for an experienced marketing executive to join the team responsible for the strategic and creative development of our EMEA international originals marketing campaigns. This team is based in our Amsterdam office, but you will be a part of the global creative team that sits in Los Angeles. Because this role requires close interaction and collaboration with various cross-functional teams in Los Angeles, Los Gatos, London and Amsterdam, frequent international travel is a must.
Who are you?
• You have a proven track record of building impactful, world-class 360 creative campaigns that connect with audiences and break through the cultural zeitgeist.
• You are a natural team leader with an ability to build strategic foundations, conceptualize campaign approaches and articulate creative ideas that people rally around.
• You thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, possess a high level of emotional IQ and intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment and decision making skills in the face of ambiguity.
• You are passionate and curious about all aspects of digital marketing innovation, and strive to create impactful and effective visual storytelling on mobile, paid social all other mediums/platforms.
• You love international TV and film content and have deep knowledge of the entertainment landscape and media trends both in Europe and globally.
• You are a connoisseur of trailers, key art and digital/social media and have solid experience developing strategic insights to inform 360 creative marketing campaigns.
• You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are eager flourish in our unique company culture (see Who We Are).
What will you do?
• Play a key role in building strategy and creative campaigns (e.g. marketing shoots, AV and key visuals, paid assets) for the launch of EMEA international originals.
• Partner closely with EMEA regional marketing teams to develop authentic campaigns that are built on regional insights and connect with local audiences.
• Write creative briefs to guide the global creative process and align internal marketing teams on goals and overall strategies.
• Project management of campaign cross-functional initiatives including (but not limited to) leading, organizing, mobilizing and planning internal task force meetings and brainstorm sessions and external filmmaker kickoffs/presentations.
• Demonstrate mastery of verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills, as you will lead meetings and manage workflow with many internal and external stakeholders/partners.
• Participate in and/or lead lively debates and discussions as you communicate different facets of the campaign to filmmakers, talent and colleagues across the company.
• Collaborate with our world class product/engineering team to integrate our originals marketing campaigns within the member product experience.
• Fluency in English and German is mandatory.
• 5 years of experience in building strategic and creative consumer marketing campaigns, preferably with a background in entertainment (TV, film, gaming), global lifestyle brand (Nike, Coca-Cola, Apple, etc.) or creative/advertising agency.
• A history of team leadership and cross-functional collaboration with both internal and external partners.
• Native understanding of digital advertising (direct video, mobile, paid social, display, rich media, VOD) with strong grasp of marketing / media analytics and how to apply data to test and optimize campaigns.
• You have international experience, preferably have spent time living and working in Europe.
• Strong interpersonal, creative, presentation, problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organizational, prioritization, decision making, analytical and conflict resolution skills.