Manager, Creative Marketing APAC
Full Time Job
Manager, Creative Marketing APAC (Korea)
With over 125 million streaming members worldwide, Netflix has been on the leading edge of a deep transformation in the entertainment business. Powered by a work culture that's focused on high performance and continuous improvement, this is a great opportunity to join a team that is spearheading the global marketing campaigns for the world's biggest Internet TV network, serving 190 countries.
Original Korean content is core to our ongoing global success, and to support this global expansion we are quickly growing our slate of Korean originals. These originals are produced in local language, using local production companies and talent. We believe that creating local original content will help us delight and win over local audiences while also building love for Netflix around the world.
We are looking for an experienced marketing executive to join the team responsible for the strategic and creative development of our Korean originals marketing campaigns. This role is based in our Seoul office. Because this role requires close interaction and collaboration with various cross-functional teams in Los Angeles, Los Gatos, Tokyo, Mumbai, Amsterdam and Singapore, frequent international travel is a must.
Who are you?
• You have a proven track record of building impactful, world-class 360 creative campaigns that connect with audiences and break through the cultural zeitgeist.
• You are a natural leader with an ability to build strategic foundations, conceptualize campaign approaches and articulate creative ideas that people rally around.
• You thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, possess a high level of emotional IQ and intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment and decision making skills in the face of ambiguity.
• You are passionate and curious about all aspects of digital marketing innovation, and strive to create impactful and effective visual storytelling on mobile, paid and organic social, and all other mediums/platforms.
• You love TV and film content and have deep knowledge of the Korea entertainment industry and media trends both in Korea and globally.
• You are a connoisseur of trailers, key art and digital/social media and have solid experience developing strategic insights to inform 360 creative marketing campaigns.
• You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are eager flourish in our unique company culture (see Who We Are).
What will you do?
• Play a key role in building strategy and creative campaigns (e.g. positioning, key art visuals, trailers & other AV assets, digital creative) for the launch of Korea originals.
• Partner closely with regional marketing teams to develop authentic campaigns that are built on regional insights and connect with local audiences.
• Write creative briefs to guide the global creative process and align internal marketing teams on goals and overall strategies.
• Project management of campaign cross-functional initiatives including (but not limited to) leading, organizing, mobilizing and planning internal task force meetings and brainstorm sessions and external filmmaker kickoffs/presentations.
• Demonstrate mastery of verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills, as you will lead meetings and manage workflow with many internal and external stakeholders/partners.
• Participate in and/or lead lively debates and discussions as you communicate different facets of the campaign to filmmakers, talent and colleagues across the company.
• Collaborate with our world class product/engineering team to integrate our originals marketing campaigns within the member product experience.
• Lead and manage cross-functional Korea and global communications and workflows for our Korean International Original titles, ensuring effective exchange of campaign information and asset deliverables
• Support & production manage our international originals creative team by planning overall campaign production timelines, project deliverables and resources
• Partner with a team of marketing managers and integrated producers responsible for managing production, localization, and trafficking of key promotional materials. These include online and offline video, out of home, display, mobile and social creative types
• Oversee our campaign project management to assure that we eliminate time sensitive bottlenecks and produce high-quality creative with appropriate velocity
• Manage day-to-day escalations and troubleshooting of production issues
• Oversee creative productions scope, budget, and resources
• 8 years of experience in building strategic and creative consumer marketing campaigns, which include marketing account management, project management, and creative production experience preferably with a background in entertainment (TV, film, gaming), global lifestyle brand or creative/advertising agency with an emphasis on online/offline integrated production
• Marketing experience in the Korean entertainment industry is preferred.
• A history of team leadership and cross-functional collaboration with both internal and external partners.
• Native understanding of digital advertising (direct video, mobile, paid social, display, rich media, VOD) with strong grasp of marketing / media analytics and how to apply data to test and optimize campaigns.
• Expert knowledge of marketing campaign and localization workflows, including understanding the creative and production process for both Video and Digital materials
• Fluent in Video and Digital types and formats while understanding the fundamentals of assets management, servicing and ad trafficking
• High competency and proven track record of project management high profile global campaigns
• Knowledgeable of the evolving advertising landscape, including exposure to/experience with the digital marketing and media
• Experience managing a high volume of creative and campaign types in parallel, while working with geographically dispersed teams
• Fluency in English and Korean required
• Strong interpersonal, creative, presentation, problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organizational, prioritization, decision making, analytical and conflict resolution skills
• See Who We Are and what our Culture is like
• You are passionate and curious about all aspects of entertainment marketing
• You are a natural born communicator, connecting the dots when others cannot and simplifying complex issues and questions
• You thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment in the face of ambiguity
• You are an agile, goal-oriented personality, driven to succeed and always up for a challenge!