Manager, Corporate Communications - Latin America
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
It's not often there's an opportunity to be part of a team that defines the brand reputation of a fast growing company. Fueled by consumer delight in being able to watch anytime, anywhere and a curated library of licensed and original scripted and unscripted shows, movies and documentaries, Netflix now has more than 125 million people in over 190 countries.
The Communications function at Netflix is strategically important to the company's reputation in a fast-changing, highly competitive global media landscape. We are seeking an individual to join this growing communications team to manage corporate issues and policy communications directly relevant to the operation and growth of the Netflix business in Latin America.
This role is based in Los Angeles and reports to Netflix's Director of Brand PR. The manager will be a member of a seasoned group of professionals helping to formulate, execute and sustain a global communications strategy for Netflix in the Latin America region.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a regional capacity across environments dominated by ambiguity and sometimes complicated legal, regulatory, and policy issues. He or she should have experience in media, culture and digital policy (e.g. Piracy, Censorships, Copyright, Digital single market, cultural levies etc. Experience working in a multi-cultural and fast-paced environment is a must. He or she needs to be a self starter but also perform well in teams. Success in this role requires close partnership with business counterparts including public policy & legal to translate complex political, regulatory, and legal issues into media strategies that will protect and advance our business strategies in Latin America.
The successful candidate will have at least the following qualifications:
• 10 years experience in media, in both corporate and agency settings, including experience in policy communications.
• A leader who can set a country-level media strategies that's aligned with Netflix's broader business goals, as well as the strategy involved in a given media situation.
• English and Spanish. Being fluent in both languages is a must. Portuguese is a plus.
• Experience in building and maintaining relationships with key journalists and editors.
• Strong press relationships and network -- ability and willingness to pick up phone and work the press relationships they have - so that they can influence.
• The capability and confidence to serve as a company spokesperson when needed.
• An entrepreneurial spirit; a self-starter who comes up with new approaches and is eager to try those out.
• Deep familiarity with the Latin America's regulatory environments, and enthusiastically curious about, technology, intellectual property, privacy and other internet issues.
• Agility, selflessness, intense focus and a passion for entertainment.