Manager, Content Accounting
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Content Accounting (Music and Consumer Products)
Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of unlimited original and licensed movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to 100 million streaming members around the world. Do you want to have a leadership role in assessing and deciding how we account for content, consumer products, and music in our financial statements? Are you curious and invested in and looking to contribute to automated workflows for Accounting? Do you enjoy using and analyzing data to affect critical business decisions? If yes, we are looking for you to join other stunning colleagues in Los Angeles who share a passion to continue to build an expertise in accounting for content, music, and consumer products.
This role provides you the chance to be a leader on a team that is committed to transforming and redefining the perception of what entertainment is and how it can be enjoyed through the Netflix service. With continued investment in a slate of content and ways to support that content including music, and consumer products, it's a great time for you to join Netflix.
• Manage an accounting team based in Los Angeles that is responsible for the financial integrity of the company's content commitments, assets (capitalization), liabilities (accruals/payments), non-subscription revenues, and expense. You will directly report into a Senior Manager of Content Accounting
• Oversee accounting/finance functions related to Music Rights/Royalties and Consumer Products including forecasting, tracking, reporting, and payments
• Drive process improvements and contribute to exciting projects that achieve scalability and efficiency, system design and accounting framework and management reporting.
• Serve as the main point of contact for Music and Consumer Product teams. Cross-functional interaction with teams around the world, including Content Accounting, Finance, Content Planning, Business Affairs, Legal, Consumer Products, and Music organizations
• Coordinate the financial modeling of agreements/deals with the FP&A team.
• Provide information requests to business partners across the organization including; Business Affairs, Legal and FP&A.
• You have a minimum of 8 years of experience in accounting backed by a bachelor's degree in accounting and/or finance. Some public accounting experience is required, a CPA license highly preferred.
• Are never satisfied with the status quo; you are always thinking of how to make existing processes better (more efficient and meaningful) and you are open to new or challenging ideas as presented by others.
• Have keen judgment, make sound independent decisions, and know how to listen to others, prioritize issues and when to escalate matters.
• Are comfortable with analyzing data to make informed conclusions. You are curious and deeply invested in learning about things beyond your own area of responsibility.
• You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view.
• You have proficient knowledge of entertainment accounting, consumer products, or music and their practical application to business workflows policies.
• Revenue recognition experience related to retail/consumer products or royalty cost accounting experience a plus