Manager Consumer PR - Middle East and North Africa
Full Time Job
It's an amazing time to join the Netflix PR EMEA team as we continue to transform entertainment. Over the past few years, we have moved from being a distributor to a programmer; from being a US tech company to a global leader in the entertainment landscape, from a brand that markets price value to one that talks about the joy of watching. If you are a passionate, creative storyteller who is not afraid of a challenge, keep reading!
We are looking for a talented public relations expert with a strong understanding and relationship with consumer media and influencers across Middle East and North Africa (MENA). The MENA Consumer PR Manager will be a member of a seasoned group of professionals helping formulate, execute, and sustain a PR strategy for Netflix. The role is strategically critical to building on the company success in a fast-changing, highly competitive global landscape. The role will focus on innovation around how we engage traditional and digital media, influencers and content creators. The Manager Consumer PR, Middle East and North Africa will be a key partner to CorpTech PR Manager, META, as will existing members of the regional team leading Marketing, Social, Publicity…
This role is based in Amsterdam and has strong cross-functional interaction with broader team with a high level of visibility and impact within the business.
The Consumer PR Manager role will focus on:
• Day-to-day contact with Middle East and North African media (broadcast, print, digital) who can help drive the Netflix narrative forward for consumer PR initiatives. The role will leverage consumer PR stories and continue to build the Netflix brand.
• Create and execute plans to raise media and influencers interest around our shows and brand with strong local flavor
• Work in close collaboration with internal stakeholders (Marketing, Social, Publicity…) and external agencies to establish strong 360 plans
The Consumer PR Manager must:
• Fluency in Arabic, French and English is a must.
• Have at least 8 years of experience working at or with agency in fast paced and ever changing environment.
• Have a deep understanding and expertise in Middle Eastern and North African media landscape -- day-to-day media contacts in broadcast, print and digital are a must.
• Have experience managing PR media campaigns from strategy development through execution including fluency in social media and marketing
• Be able to work independently and understand how to build and maintain relationships with key journalists, social media press and different kinds of influencers.
• Be confident and creative in writing, capable of crafting everything from executive messaging to consumer facing newsletters, press releases and everything in between.
• Possess the ability to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts that translate to media.
• Really love entertainment...broad knowledge of TV/film, entertainment, pop culture and lifestyle trends is expected and being a TV, movie or Netflix junkie is even better.
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
• Ability to think innovatively and connect the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight.
• Succinct communicator.
• Great writer and talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Doesn't need to ''check with the agency'' on every issue or for every answer. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
• Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed. Has a big capacity to both think and 'do'. Flourishes in a 'hands on' role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
• A smart minimalist. Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that. Does not need or desire big budgets for big results. Believes one great person on the team is more valuable than 3 to 5 OK people---and wants to be that great person.
• Has a Point of View - An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
• Enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done on short timeframes.
The Netflix culture attracts daredevils who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, passion, and curiosity. Read the culture memo. If it resonates for you, maybe you're the right person to join our dream team.