Manager, Asset Management
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Asset Management - Post Production Operations
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 130 million streaming members globally. With this international expansion the preservation of creative intent in the production of a localized experience is of utmost importance, what a great time to join Netflix!
The ideal candidate will Manage, lead and coach a team of Specialists and Coordinators to direct the flow of assets from Productions to Netflix's streaming platform, archive and QC platforms, shared workspaces and screening requirements. The role requires a keen interest and knowledge of software and tool development, as they will need to partner with Netflix engineering, Post teams, and content creators to ensure optimal functionality of Netflix's cloud hosted delivery and QC platforms, innovating scalable solutions and workflows.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Partner with the Asset specialists, productions and vendor partners to ensure network connectivity and collaborative infrastructure for post workflows and screenings.
• Work with Post Production and Engineering teams on long term solutions to support management of digital assets, including manage and refine delivery specifications for streaming, screenings and archive across Productions.
• Work with post production teams and partner with IT Production Support to ensure successful onboarding of shows and personnel into Netflix systems, and on-going operational support
• Build and maintain relationships with Productions, Editorial teams, Post facilities and QC vendors throughout the world
• Manage incident response to technical and logistical issues related to Asset management, acting as the escalation point for Post and QC vendors and Netflix teams.
• Identify and Analyze data metrics to highlight trends, diagnose issues and reinforce quality standards
• Analyze overall cost and success metrics to drive decisions for the team at large. Manage financial impact and expectations of asset management to the Studio.
• College degree preferred or additional production certificate programs
• 10 years of experience within medium to high budget studios, networks or high volume production companies
• Ability to handle a heavy volume of work, supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery).
• Strong organizational skills with proactive mentality
• Have creative problem-solving abilities
• Familiarity with production and post software such as Shotgun, Pix, MediaSilo as well as newer cloud platforms such as Box, FileTrack, Scenechronize
• Knowledge of digital audio and video file formats
• Working knowledge of outside vendors including mix stages and DI facilities
• Highly organized, efficient, and detail oriented
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely, or urgent matters
• Team-player who thrives in a fast paced, team-oriented setting
• Passionate about our culture and values in the workplace
Netflix is the world's leading Streaming Content network with over 130 million members in 190 countries enjoying our originals like Stranger Things, Making a Murderer, and Golden Globe winner Roma. Netflix members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on Internet-connected screens. The Asset Management Team is responsible for the ingest, review and preservation of all the media assets created by our Productions all around the world, providing direct support and guidance of our best practices, workflows and specifications to our production partners and vendors. Through the development and optimization of our workflows, tools and platforms, we ensure the highest quality is maintained and retained for all streaming and non-streaming assets, fulfilling the requirements of the Studio today and for the future.