Legal Operations Manager
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Legal Operations Manager (Knowledge Management)
We are looking for a Legal Operations Manager responsible for driving and measuring adoption on legal technology solutions, informing the legal product and feature roadmap, identifying gaps in knowledge, and designing trainings and initiatives focused on increased efficiencies and effectiveness for the Legal department.
While this position will be focused on Legal department technology infrastructure adoption initiatives, it is also intended to be generalist role and will involve managing and supporting projects across the range of legal areas supported by the Legal Operations team.
• Responsible for driving and measuring the overall user experience and adoption of legal technologies including identifying gaps, configuration/features or functionality that could improve the overall user experience
• Designing tech tool trainings catered to legal-specific user base (beyond current Studio training 101 and 201 sessions available)
• Responsible for gathering requirements from legal stakeholders and designing solutions aimed at productizing knowledge into data
• Responsible for managing an information design across legal's current and future knowledge products including portals, expertise finders, contacts databases, and other current and future legal data sets
• Inform the building of data dashboards across the legal tech stack
• Assist with configuration, administrative management, maintenance and continuous improvements for legal ops processes and 3rd party technology solutions
• Assist in deriving business requirements as they relate to product functionality within the legal group, as well as identify new applications and enhancements to existing applications that could increase the productivity of the team
• Provide legal operations program support by identifying and executing high priority strategic and process improvement projects across Legal with a focus on building a core legal data set
• Assist in the overall strategic direction of the technology roadmap as part of the larger legal operations strategy
• Responsible for managing intake, backlog, prioritization and execution of legal operations process and technology roadmap initiatives like workflow automation, document and contract lifecycle management, compliance, ip and litigation process and technology, business insights dashboard and the creation of structured legal data.
• B.A. or B.S. degree or relevant experience.
• 6 years in the areas of operations, tech operations, legal specific knowledge and learning management, solutions management, tech program management or legal operations in-house or at a law firm. Technology or entertainment company experience preferred.
• Experience working with cloud-based and on-prem legal department technology solutions (e.g., e-billing, contract and document management, self-service contracting, e-signature, knowledge management, etc.)
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent communication and empathy skills
• Proven track record of breaking down complex processes and identifying key pain points in order to deliver business improvements at a global level
• Flexible amid an ever-changing and growing environment
With over 148 million paying subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it is an exciting time to work at Netflix. Our international efforts have brought Netflix to virtually all countries around the globe and we are excited to bring even more of our Originals programming to our viewers everywhere.