LATAM Accounting & Reporting Manager
Full Time Job
You will be part of our team in Alphaville and will lead regional statutory accounting and reporting. To do so, you will need strong experience and a deep understanding of local GAAP requirements versus US GAAP/IFRS. You will be expected to operate proactively and with a sense of urgency and thoroughness across diverse lines of an international and matrix organization. A successful individual will leverage hands-on accounting experience and thrive with curiosity and passion. Our team members ask probing questions, challenge the status quo, make changes to improve processes, and have fun while doing it all. Positive attitude and never settling for ''good enough'' are key, along with fitting into our unique company culture.
Qualities we are looking for
• Strong accounting background and knowledge of external reporting and applicable regulations for statutory compliance across multiple countries;
• Hands-on: strategic thinker that also dives down into operational and execution aspects, while focusing on the ''big picture'';
• Organized and meticulous with desire for continuous improvement, with ability to focus amid change;
• Strong analytical capabilities, demonstrated by attention to detail love for data. You will produce high quality work, scrutinizing important numbers and system data to reconcile accounts and solve problems;
• Excellent team player who is adept at working as part of a larger team located in different locations;
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to understand the context of the audience to adapt communication style as needed.
• Oversee multiple balance sheet accounts and the corresponding sub-ledger for varying level of complexity and materiality;
• Responsibility for overseeing all aspects of international financial and reporting functions for a number of legal entities;
• Understand how systems work together to drive improvements and automations where possible. You will proactively identify gaps in current systems and lead cross-functional work to design, test and roll-out new systems and tools;
• Exercise keen judgment and make sound decisions. You know how to listen to others, prioritize issues and escalate matters with adequate level of rationale;
• Partner with outsourced providers for management and preparation of Statutory Financial Statements, and co-ordination of Statutory Audits meeting required due dates;
• Team with cross-functional colleagues across finance, tax and IT organizations, providing financial and accounting support to deliver special projects;
• Analysis of P&L and Balance Sheet (US GAAP, Local GAAPs & IFRS) – Accruals, Prepayments, Variance analysis;
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent with in-depth accounting practical knowledge, CPA/CRC preferred;
• 8 years relevant accounting experience preferably at large, fast-growing, multi-national company;
• Tech/Entertainment industry experience is a plus, but not essential if you are enthusiastic about the position, have a strong accounting background and is capable of learning quickly;
• Fluency in English is required; Spanish is a strong plus.
As Netflix continues its international growth expansion, accounting and operational complexities are also growing. There are new challenges we're facing, and there's plenty of fun we're having. Come be a part of it and help make a positive impact!
Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of unlimited original and licensed movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to over 158 million paid memberships in over 190 countries. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any Internet-connected screen. Have you ever wondered how we account for our operations? Are you curious about how to drive operational efficiency to deliver timely and accurate financial information in Latin America? Do you enjoy gathering requirements to ensure statutory compliance across different locations? If yes, we are looking for you to join other stunning colleagues. It's a great time to join our team and as Netflix grows globally, we look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunity.