Indirect Tax Analyst
Full Time Job
Indirect Tax Analyst, Brazil
Netflix is seeking a passionate and talented individual to become part of the International Finance team in Brazil. It's an exciting period for Netflix with continued rapid expansion into original programming and international growth. As Netflix expands, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growing business. Visit our culture and long-term view to learn more.
We are looking for an experienced Indirect Tax Analyst with a strong import/export background knowledge to support our operations in Brazil. This person will play a role in guiding the company into the future while helping to manage our import/export processes, Brazil indirect tax filings, day-to-day tax issues and following regularly changing tax legislation in the country. This individual will work closely with external brokers and multiple internal departments to build efficient processes and comply with regulations. The ideal candidate will be highly-organized, with a ''hands-on'' attitude, strong attention to detail and will welcome the opportunity to be part of an entrepreneurial organization that values high performance and is built around a culture of freedom and responsibility.
• The Indirect Tax Analyst, Brazil role will be based in our Alphaville, Brazil office but will also cooperate with our tax and financial reporting teams in California and Amsterdam. This individual will assist in handling day-to-day tax issues and filings, whereby responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ownership of the import/export tax routines, applying appropriate tax treatment (tax calculation review with the Broker, invoice issuing and assets control)
• Monitor the import/export processes partnering with customs broker
• Invoice issuing for asset movement and asset control held on third-parties
• Tax analysis of free lease contracts
• Indirect tax calculations and credits assessment (ICMS and IPI)
• Elaboration/filling of indirect tax obligations (EFD ICMS-IPI, EFD Contribuições, GIA, DCTF, SISCOSERV)
• Assist with month-end close, preparation of the reconciliations of the indirect tax accounts
• Support on Tax Audits
• Bachelor Degree in Tax, Accounting, Law or similar
• Experience with importation/exportation routines and indirect taxes
• Strong communications skills - ability to develop and cultivate strong relationships with other teams/departments
• Proficient in spreadsheets, ERP and tax systems - experience with SAP and Synchro are preferable, Workday is a plus
• Experience in multinational and/or a larger tax firm is a plus
• Must be flexible to work across different time zones
• Able to maintain a high level of accuracy in a fast-paced environment
• Fluent in Portuguese and English; Spanish is a plus.