Global Procurement Specialist
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Seeking a technically savvy, self-driven and resourceful Global Procurement Specialist who will lead the charge for Netflix's Tech Ops team when it comes to finding the best technology partners and suppliers to work with worldwide. This position will be based out of our Los Angeles office and will report into the Tech Ops Manager for Tech Ops Asset Deployment Services. You will be an integral part of the Tech Ops team, which supports the technology needs of hundreds of productions creating content across the globe. You will accomplish this goal by ensuring our sourcing practices and vendor partnerships continuously scale to keep pace with the evolving technology needs of productions.
• Utilize your subject matter expertise in acquiring technology products and support for all sites and customers serviced by Tech Ops worldwide.
• Develop and maintain product knowledge on technology and services relevant to Tech Ops.
• Partner closely with Tech Ops teammates to assess technology hardware and software needs on various projects and requests.
• Build and manage key vendor relationships to ensure Netflix is able to realize full value from all products and services
• Solicit and review quotations and proposals and conduct deal negotiations as needed.
• Validate purchase requests, develop and solicit bids, analyze and evaluate responses, negotiate prices and other terms, monitor delivery, and maintain necessary asset and inventory records.
• Ensure compliance with company best practices and guidelines, as well as applicable government regulations (domestic and regional) pertinent to purchasing practices.
• Scout global markets for prospective suppliers, as well as develop and vet qualified suppliers.
• Maintain accurate contracting data, vendor records and transaction information.
• Monitor supplier reliability and performance.
• Manage supplier agreements as well as 3rd party software licensing agreements.
• Assist with generating and publishing asset management and financial reports and dashboards.
• Find and establish sourcing agreements with global technology vendors to provide hardware and services to studios and production offices.
• Identify vendor consolidation/centralization opportunities.
• Articulate best practices for global purchasing for Tech Ops.
Your Skills & Experience
• 5 years of sourcing and procurement experience for a technology team (preferably within a multinational context)
• Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree required
• Media and Entertainment experience preferred
• Applied experience with contract, service agreement and software license management
Your Core Competencies
• In addition to the resonance of our company values articulated within the Netflix Culture Memo, you demonstrate the following competencies in your work:
• Innovative Mindset: You're able to generate creative or transformative solutions that result in improved performance, higher quality and/or increased value; you see ambiguity as a challenge, but also as an opportunity to stretch outside of your comfort zone.
• Problem Solver: You're able to systematically identify and deconstruct issues, obstacles and opportunities and then fashion and implement effective solutions. You have an uncanny knack for arriving at solutions through unconventional methods and developing a plan to put them into action within a dynamic fast-paced context.
• Value-focused: You ensure the work you are doing is continuously adding value to your customers and teammates as well as perceiving issues and opportunities that may detract from or increase that value. You measure the quality of your work based on your customer's satisfaction.
• Self-driven: You fully own your work scope, clear blockers and manage priorities effectively without requiring excessive direction. You're a quick learner and you adapt your communication to the context of your audience and engagement.
• Catalyst for growth: You continuously pursue and share knowledge, provide help to others and define clear and measurable goals to increase individual and team contribution. You exhibit an innate desire for continuous growth and improvement.