Finance Operations Business Partner - Studios
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
It's an exciting time to join Netflix with over 148 million paid members in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Our international efforts have brought Netflix to virtually all countries around the globe and we are excited to bring even more of our Originals programming to viewers everywhere. As Netflix grows globally, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth.
We are looking for a finance professional to partner with our Studio Operations teams on end to end finance operations. The perfect candidate for this role is someone that has a solid understanding of the P2P workflow, a deep knowledge of studio facilities and production, and a passion for developing strong cross functional relationships.
This position will provide support to cross-functional business partners as follows:
• Business owners - Embedded resource that understands the nature of the business being supported and owns finance related tasks (end to end P2P support for setting up new vendors, reviewing leases and contracts, creating POs, reviewing invoices, billing productions, vendor management, expense reporting, etc.)
• Accounts Payable - Create POs where applicable and provide non-PO invoice coding to enable timely and accurate invoice processing
• Accounting - Help facilitate a timely and accurate month-end close by owning the accrual process and explaining variance drivers
• FP&A - Ensure accurate coding of expenses to provide meaningful reporting, help track actuals to budget and communicate any expected variances
• IT - Design reporting metrics around studio operations workflows and partner on system enhancements to help automate workflows to scale
Qualities We're Looking For:
• 5 years of relevant Finance and/or Accounting experience with the general ledger since the work you do will have direct financial implications
• Experience with purchase orders, as you will deal with these on day 1 and look for ways to optimize the workflows
• Industry experience in a studio environment dealing with facilities, build outs, project tracking, capitalization vs. expense, rate cards, etc.
• Relationship builder - Ability to cultivate strong cross functional relationships and communicate effectively with team members and business partners
• Innovation - Enthusiasm for improving and enhancing systems and workflows (learn the existing process and then build/challenge it to better scale for growth while providing meaningful reporting to our business partners)
• Curiosity and passion - Our team members ask probing questions, challenge the status quo, make changes to improve processes, and have fun while doing it; having a positive attitude and never settling for ''good enough'' are key
• Finance/Accounting experience with international territories, entities, tax, foreign currencies and languages highly preferred
• ERP systems experience - experience with Workday Financials or other cloud based ERP systems is a plus
• Xytech MediaPulse systems experience is a plus
• You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view
• Adaptable - You are comfortable in an ever-changing ecosystem of content, finance and accounting issues and projects
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and/or Finance; MBA and/or CPA a plus