Finance Operations Business Partner
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Finance Operations Business Partner - Product Creative
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 130 million memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
We are looking for a finance professional to assist our Product Creative team with end to end finance operations. This position will reside in the company's Los Angeles office and will report to the Manager, Finance Operations in Los Gatos. The ideal candidate for this role will help drive operational process improvements, have the courage to challenge prevailing assumptions, and develop strong cross functional relationships with business partners across the Product Creative, FP&A, Accounting, and IT teams.
In this role you will partner with the following cross-functional partners:
• Business owners - Execute all finance related tasks (end to end procure to pay support, vendor management and relationship building, creating purchase orders, reviewing invoices, expense reporting) and be an embedded partner and active contributor to the Product Creative team with a strong understanding of their organization.
• Accounts Payable - Create POs where applicable and provide non-PO coding for accurate financial reporting and analysis and timely processing of invoices.
• Accounting - Drive an accurate and timely month end close by owning the accrual process and communicating variance drivers clearly and concisely.
• FP&A - Establish a holistic and granular view of total cost while identifying opportunities to use data to improve business decisions.
• IT - Design and automate finance and payment workflows and partner on system enhancements that automate workflows at scale.
Qualities we're looking for:
• 5 years of relevant experience
• Undergraduate degree in relevant field, such as Finance, Economics, or Accounting
• Strong analytical experience with the ability to navigate large data sets in a business context
• Strong communication skills, business acumen, and the ability to lead cross-functional meetings
• Ability to take complete ownership of tasks while handling competing priorities
• Capability to work independently and be a self-starter in a fast paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
• Experience and enthusiasm in implementing systems and processes
• Experience in ERP and cloud-based systems
• Ability to take occasional trips to the Los Gatos office in Northern California
Extra dose of awesome if you have:
• Understanding of US GAAP and a CPA
• Experience working with creative teams and creative agencies
• Experience working in Workday Financials, Tableau, or Airtable