Finance Operations Business Partner - Marketing
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 130 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
We are looking for a finance professional to assist our Marketing teams with end to end finance operations. This is an incredible opportunity to embed yourself within a seasoned and nimble marketing team that executes campaigns from strategic development through creative execution. The perfect fit for this role will be someone that can help drive operational process improvements, have the courage to challenge prevailing assumptions, and can develop strong cross functional relationships with business partners across the Marketing, FP&A, Accounting, Accounts Payable, and IT teams.
Visit our culture description and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
• Communicating and embedding yourself with the Marketing teams to obtain an understanding of all services being procured from our vendors and understanding the status/timeline of end to end marketing campaigns.
• Programming and owning cross functional meetings with the Marketing teams as an assertive business partner.
• Purchase order (PO) management to ensure appropriate accounting and classification of expenses for financial reporting and analysis.
• Managing vendor relationships: ensuring timely billing, approving invoices, and working with Accounting to ensure accuracy of accrued services.
• Working with Accounts Payable to resolve billing issues and ensure vendors are setup to be paid timely and accurately.
• Budget Management: working side by side with FP&A to help facilitate and build budgets while understanding, communicating and explaining variances.
• Obtaining, reviewing and summarizing vendor agreements.
• Occasional trips to the Los Gatos office.
• 4 years of relevant experience
• Degree in relevant field, Finance or Accounting is preferred
• Ability to proactively cultivate strong business partner relationships and communicate effectively with team members
• Adept at owning and leading cross functional meetings
• Capable of being a self-starter in a fast paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
• Intellectual curiosity about the business and solving problems
• Highly accurate and detail-oriented with the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Advanced Google Sheets and/or Excel experience with the ability to navigate large data sets
• Demonstrated ability to drive process improvements
• Understanding of US GAAP - an accounting background and CPA is a plus
• Experience with marketing teams is a plus
• A strong passion for the entertainment industry