Editorial Coordinator, Brand & Editorial
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Editorial Coordinator, Brand & Editorial - UCAN
With hundreds of original TV shows, films, documentaries and more produced for all kinds of tastes and all kinds of moods, we need our owned social channels to promote Netflix in more ways, talking about more titles, to more people in more places than ever before. The brand & editorial team at Netflix is tasked with showing our members WHAT content we're producing, WHY we're making it and WHY it's meaningful in culture and people's lives. This approach requires best-in-class editorial strategies and innovative approaches to content ideation and production.
We're essentially running a media outlet within Netflix, and keeping all that creative and strategic work moving forward quickly and intelligently requires a strong handle on the details and infrastructure of our business-within-a-business. This role will help our editors manage those details, identifying and solving holes or inefficiencies in the way we work.
Everyone on our team is hands-on with creative, and there is opportunity to contribute to ideas and strategy - but the core of this role is about supporting the administrative and organizational efforts that will fall by the wayside without a dedicated point person.
A successful coordinator on the editorial team will be self-motivated, proactive and quick-thinking and bring together a unique combination of skills with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times, a passion for financial data and analytics and an appreciation for creative approach to everyday situations. Flexibility and curiosity are key, as this role will float between multiple projects and partner with many different team members across editorial and cross functionally (e.g. Publicity, Regional Marketing, Global Creative Marketing), it is fast moving and requires someone who is able to exercise good judgement and significant initiative. Strong candidates will be excited by the details of doing great creative work, be it organizing and tracking finances or assisting with creative and talent needs for a photoshoot.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Liaise with finance and editorial teams to manage budgets, seeing the big picture of where we're spending while also keeping track of invoices, billing and projects within our internal billing system
• Working to organize internal team meetings, offsites etc.
• Work with editorial managers on the detail and logistical arm of creative projects like photo and video shoots and experiential events
- Ensuring that internal and external partners review and deliver feedback in a timely fashion
- Setting up agencies / freelancers / production companies with the context and access to
screeners, brand guidelines, billing and other tools
- Managing travel, hair and makeup logistics for talent
• Experience analyzing budgets and advising budget expenditures. Comfortable handling large budgets and navigating detailed spreadsheets.
• Know how to speak Internet. Love and respect fans. Be as comfortable with the nuances of various social platforms as you are in your own skin.
• Unwavering attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Displays professionalism in communication with internal and external partners and talent.
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-first setting.
• Prior experience supporting social/publicity/marketing team (studio/entertainment/ad agency is preferred).
• Proficiency with Google Suite: Gmail, GCal, Docs, Sheets, Groups, MS Word/Excel
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly.