Director, Studio Operations Accounting
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
This is your chance to be on the ground floor with a team that is transforming entertainment through original productions, changing the perception of what great content is and how it should be enjoyed and celebrated. Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 125 million memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. With continued international expansion and a growing slate of original productions, it's a great time to join Netflix.
As Netflix pushes to expand globally, we continue to look for the best and brightest to drive our finance organization. The Content Accounting team, which oversees the accounting for Netflix's 2018 $8 billion of content spend, is looking for a business executive to join its Los Angeles team. This newly created role will play an important part in the organization dedicated to Netflix's Global Studio Operations (Facilities, Post production and VFX) business with an emphasis on technical accounting as well as administration, reconciliation, analysis and strategy. In addition, this role will partner with various members of studio leadership on special projects.
This position will have a high degree of visibility with senior management within the Netflix Studios organization. The role reports directly into the the Director of Content Accounting.
The perfect candidate for this role is someone that has a deep knowledge of studio operations and how to best manage the accounting policies and workflows, can drive innovative process improvements to help us scale, has the courage to challenge prevailing assumptions, and can develop strong cross functional relationships with business partners across the company.
• Support all Studio Group lines of business in the preparation of financial statements, serving as the primary liaison with operations and finance
• Ensuring the accuracy of cost allocations, project and financial reporting (close, accruals, journal entries and reconciliations).
• Strong knowledge of entertainment accounting, internal controls, systems and financial reporting (US GAAP)
• Building relationships with cross-functional business partners (Finance, Operations, etc.)
• Driving innovative process and system baselines and improvement projects to automate and simplify as we scale
• Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications across the organization
• Prepare ad-hoc management reports, customers profile performance reports, business segments analysis
• Provide management with timely monthly and quarterly reviews of organization's financial status and progress in its various programs and activities
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Economics
• CPA and/or MBA strongly preferred
• Experience with accounting close and consolidations
• Industry experience in entertainment or studio operations preferred or previous experience in real estate, and/or hospitality environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are necessary to effectively communicate with all levels of Company personnel and outside parties
• Requires strong time management and organizational skills, attention to detail and experience managing staff
• Passion for Netflix and the entertainment industry!