Director, Programmatic Content Marketing
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Our goal with programmatic content marketing is to promote our titles to propel hit trajectory using programmatic channels. We need an innovative thought leader and people leader that brings together the best of performance marketing strategy and tactics to drive interest in our titles. This leader and their team will drive strategy and ad tech innovation on how we best leverage programmatic channels to launch hit shows across the globe and lead the buying for title launch programmatic media in the US and Canada. While the innovation aspects of the role are global, geographic responsibilities are crucial to staying close to country level performance and creating intellectual property that can be readily applied in practice. We are looking for an innovative subject matter expert, well versed in testing and analysis, and working on the cutting edge of programmatic.
This leader will need to bring significant subject matter expertise, be skilled at working cross functionally, and be equal parts creative and analytical. On the creative side, the leader and the team will have to ideate and prioritize creative elements to test, what formats/inventory are ideal to further engagement with Netflix titles, what call-to-action resonate in different countries or for different content, how to leverage different programmatic inventory, among other aspects of creative innovation. On the analytical side, this leader and their team will need to embrace incrementality based measurement vs. other common attribution methods and leverage a set of technical partners ranging from data scientists, algo and machine learning experts, and ad tech product/engineering team to iterate on the best formula for launching hit titles utilizing programmatic channels. This is a marketing discipline closely intertwined with our title launch focused regional marketing teams, and this individual will have to act as a cross-functional team leader and be an embedded, integral part of the team.
This role is located in Los Angeles, California, reports to the Vice President of Marketing Strategy & Analysis and Programmatic Media Buying.
• Lead global programmatic content strategy and innovation - partnering closely with cross-functional leadership team including creatives, product managers, engineers and data scientists.
• Lead, mentor and strengthen a team of global programmatic practitioners and the US/Canada focused programmatic media buying team.
• Drive programmatic content marketing learning agenda, focusing on meaningful tests to surface new strategies to increase our programmatic effectiveness and efficiency. Test subject matter range from usage of algos to drive optimization, all manners of creative elements, and inventory, among others.
• Act as a broader leader in the US and Canada able to bridge programmatic subject matter expertise to cross-functional market winning strategies that create hit titles.
• 12-15 years of digital performance marketing and specific programmatic experience.
• Experience managing programmatic buying planning and execution for large budgets (hundreds of millions) across many countries
• Proven ability to innovate and improve throughout campaign management including planning/testing, creative development and ongoing optimization.
• Proven ability to drive the creative iteration in all elements of advertising (e.g., CTAs, campaign themes, look and feel of assets) that balance direct response with brand building.
• Significant track record of innovation and partnership with Ad Tech product managers, engineers, and data scientists.
• Direct experience leading large scale testing activity, measuring results and optimizing accordingly is essential.
• Proven ability to leverage technical partners for business impact, such as data scientists, product managers, and engineers.
• Proven ability to build, lead, and mentor high performing teams of 20 individuals. Proven ability to lead leaders and develop already seasoned people managers to the next level.
• Proven ability to partner cross-functionally and influence outcomes without direct reporting lines.
• Open to experience both on the advertiser side and supply side (ad networks/DSPs, large publishers).
• Strong grasp of the overall digital marketing ecosystem and the role that programmatic media plays within.
• Excellent listening and communication skills that can adapt to C-level, technical, creative, and external audiences. Ability to synthesize alternative points of view and be solutions oriented is crucial.
• You will be the go-to-person for our US and Canada campaign strategy team as it pertains to their content and brand campaigns. Personal influence and collaboration skills are a prerequisite for success.
• Can flourish in our unique company culture.
• Exposure to offline marketing channels & tactics
• Experience working with multicultural marketing teams and teams operating outside the US
• Experience working with a consumer Internet subscription business
With 100 million streaming members worldwide, Netflix has been on the leading edge of a deep transformation in the entertainment business. As a company, Netflix brings together the best of entertainment and technology for our members around the world. Similarly, we combine the best of entertainment marketing and digital marketing. Powered by a work culture that's focused on high performance and continuous improvement, this is a great opportunity to join a team that is spearheading the global marketing campaigns for the world's biggest Internet TV network, serving millions of members content they can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, in 190 countries.