Director Of Consumer Products, EMEA
Full Time Job
It's an amazing time to be joining Netflix as we continue to transform entertainment globally. Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 148 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
We are looking to build a Consumer Products team to help amplify fan love around key franchises by developing new channels for consumers and communities to interact with Netflix.
We are pursuing consumer products and associated promotion because we believe it will drive meaningful show awareness/buzz with more tangible, curated ways to interact with our most popular content and in effect, drive long term revenue. We want licensed merchandise to help promote our titles and build them into franchises so they become part of the zeitgeist for longer periods of time.
This role requires someone to take on the responsibility of creating and executing Netflix consumer products licensing and retail strategy for the EMEA region based on the Netflix originals content slate.
What you will do:
• Own retail and licensing strategy for all CP categories (excluding publishing & interactive) across EMEA, collaborating with the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand (UCAN) CP team on global partnerships.
• Develop go-to-market plans by title (consumer, trade and retail marketing) with partners that leads to strong demand for our licensed products.
• Develop and implement a retail strategy for growth in all channels by country (including e-commerce).
• Manage Netflix licensing agency relationship in EMEA as the direct liaison for each of their country offices.
• Responsible for management and hiring of EMEA licensing and retail team as CP continues to scale across the region.
• Take a creative approach to licensing and ensure appropriate internal stakeholders are involved in key product decision-making.
• Lead all CP efforts and communications internally in Netflix EMEA HQ, acting as senior thought partner and aligning on marketing strategy with key internal teams.
What we need from you:
• Demonstrated, 12 years of experience in building and owning the end-to-end licensing & retail function at a reputable brand (entertainment studio, retailer, gaming, agency).
• Bachelor's degree or advanced degree (preferred).
• Ability to work with; and innovate in new sales channels and business models.
• Robust knowledge of the licensing landscape with impeccable contacts and network across the EMEA licensing & retail landscape.