Director Marketing - Middle East, Turkey and Africa
Full Time Job
Netflix is hiring a Director to manage the marketing team for the Middle East, Turkey and Africa. This is a senior, strategic and creative position with a remit to impact the trajectory of our business in the region.
The Director will lead a team of Netflix employees and agency partners, running local, pan-regional and global title and brand campaigns and will need to inspire a highly-skilled team of social and marketing experts. It will require partnership and collaboration with the PR, Publicity, Brand & Editorial, Content and product teams, and reports to the VP of Marketing, EMEA.
Representing some large and very different Netflix markets, this person will need a strategic mindset and good business sense to focus the team and make the brand burn brightly, while also reaching new tranches of consumers across a range of tastes and demographics. The right leader will continue to grow the business and fandom, spot new areas for experimentation, and increase positive word of mouth in a rapidly changing entertainment and social landscape.
We're looking to build title brands and create cultural phenomena with a local flavour to grow the business, so we need a marketing director who has extraordinary creative taste and a strong instinct for stories that will get consumers talking.
The Netflix culture rewards daredevils who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, passion and curiosity.
• Country marketing strategy. You will set the marketing strategy for the META markets each quarter in conjunction with your Europe marketing peers.
• Entertainment marketing/social campaigns. You will lead and launch unique campaigns for our Netflix originals and any other high profile content in META.
• Integration. You will serve as a key voice in assuring marketing, PR, and brand & editorial are speaking with one voice.
• Cultural ambassador. You will be critical to helping Netflix understand the Arabic, African and Turkish customers while also living and embracing the Netflix culture.
• Lead. You will be a key part of the European marketing leadership team helping to guide EMEA marketing strategy for Netflix.
Experience & Skills
• Digital and/or social media expertise. We are looking for someone that has demonstrated experience launching campaigns that drive word of mouth.
• Consumer marketing know-how. We are looking for someone that understands consumer marketing (preferably in the entertainment or consumer technology space) and how not only build strategy but also execute flawlessly.
• Depth of knowledge. Solid Middle East marketing experience in a related industry.
• Concise and clear communication. We are looking for a fluent Arabic and English speaker that's comfortable communicating in both languages.
• A history of leadership. We'd like to see evidence of serving as a key decision maker in a senior marketing role.
The role is based in our EMEA headquarters in Amsterdam and will require regular trips to the Middle East.