Director Employee Services
Full Time Job
Director Employee Services (International)
It's an exciting time at Netflix as we continue to expand our business globally. We are revolutionizing the way people watch their favorite shows and movies, and building our own library of original content for all to enjoy. Visit our Culture Doc to learn about our unique culture.
This position is part of the Employee Services team (ES) and can be based in either Amsterdam or Singapore, which designs and runs the infrastructure to deliver an outstanding employee experience from onboarding and beyond. This hire will be a key strategic partner who will help shape the HR operating model for Netflix globally. The role supports benefits, mobility, contingent workforce, operations, HR Tech, analytics and compliance across our international offices. You will be expected to be highly independent and proactive in identifying and implementing positive change and improvements in the employee experience, aligned to our culture.
• You will lead a team of HR professionals across EMEA/APAC who oversee all aspects of employee services to inspire collaboration and trust and ensure they are both challenged and resourced to deliver an amazing employee experience.
• Collaborate with other members of the talent leadership team to develop and implement a service-oriented strategy to ensure our employees enjoy a seamless experience.
• At Netflix, we do not get bogged down in process and compliance. We would rather focus on innovation and simplicity. That said, you will partner with the Employment Legal team to understand regulatory requirements to keep us in check.
• You will work cross functionally (Legal, Finance, Tax) to help Netflix scale quickly and efficiently without relying on process and rules to achieve this goal. This could involve opening offices in new countries or scaling operations in existing countries leveraging internal and external resources.
• You will build trusting relationships with our Talent Leadership team including HRBP's and Talent Acquisition, to inspire confidence that you both understand the business challenges and can effectively communicate a strategic vision and execute against this plan.
Our Ideal candidate will:
• Be a role model for our cultural values.
• Passionate and inspirational people leader with direct experience of building and leading HR teams across EMEA & APAC. Remote management experience is crucial as you will have reports across 6 countries. Willingness and ability to travel as needed.
• Have broad international HR experience preferably in a rapidly scaling ambiguous environment where developing solutions was more important than implementing policy.
• Be familiar with setting up new entities from scratch and thinking through the operating model that enables the people and culture to flourish.
• Exposure to employment regulations across countries and while not being the expert, knowing the right questions to ask at the right time.