Director, Creative Studio - Marketing Operations
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Do you have a passion for entertainment creative and have a entrepreneurial mindset? Do you thrive in bringing great ideas to life under tight deadlines? Do you believe that no project is too small for high caliber work? Do you want to bring new stories to millions of people worldwide by promoting our original, exclusive content?
Netflix is looking for a Creative Studio Director to build and lead our new in-house creative studio team of visual storytellers, motion graphics artists, writers, creative and brand designers. Our Marketing Creative Studio is a creative center of excellence that supports our Global Creative Marketing and Social teams by developing marketing creatives for a selection of our Original titles at the pace, quality and cost that our business growth demands.
The ideal candidate, for this new role within Netflix, excels at building strong cross-functional relationships quickly in a fast-paced, creative production organization. You can deliver high-caliber marketing materials within known constraints, and expertly navigate the grey. You are an avid user of both your left and right brain. Your curiosity drives innovation and you have a strong creative sensibility that extends across content genres. You inspire your team to bring a creative brief to life, with an eye on execution and delivery.
• Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Building and leading a strong and inspired creative team aligned with the goals of our operations organization (quality, efficiency, and scale).
• Supporting creative development of a selection of Netflix Originals marketing materials and Netflix Brand design elements.
• Working with operations, production, creative marketing and social managers to establish the work pipeline, identifying opportunities/risks and aligning the skill sets of the team accordingly.
• Deep cross-functional relationship building to ensure alignment on the team's deliverable quality and creative direction.
• Identifying industry creative trends and best-practices that will influence creative development within the organization.
• 10 years creative design and direction experience at an agency, creative studio or similar environment. 5 years creative team management experience.
• Entertainment artwork experience (digital advertising, social and/or key art).
• Proven ability to create and direct high-quality entertainment creative as well as creative brand design.
• Fluent in Digital, Social, AV, and Print advertising formats and design best practices.
• Strong communication and analytical skills along with the ability to think strategically and creatively and a reasonable appreciation for the unknown.
• Experience managing and leading teams in a fast paced and cross-functional focused environment.
• Experience managing a high volume of creative and campaign types in parallel, with diverse geographically dispersed teams.
• See Who We Are and what our Culture is like.
• You are passionate and curious about all aspects of marketing creative and have an entrepreneurial mindset.
• You thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment in the face of ambiguity.
• You are an agile, goal-oriented personality, driven to succeed and always up for a challenge!