Director, Corporate Communications
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
Are you excited about how great entertainment is created and enthralled by how technology is allowing consumers to discover and enjoy it? Do you want to help tell the story of a company delivering joy to its tens of millions of members all over the world and work closely with the talented and creative people dedicated to making it better? Do you enjoy writing, editing, collaborating, and planning media strategies in a fast-moving environment where responsiveness, clarity and communication are vital? If so, we may have just the opportunity for the right person on our growing communications team.
The Director – Corporate Communications will be a member of and help lead a small, seasoned group of communications pros helping formulate, execute and sustain a global media strategy for Netflix. The Corporate Communications function is viewed by Netflix senior management as strategically critical to building on the company's established success and reinforcing its reputation in a fast-changing, complex and competitive global media landscape. We tell our product, financial, innovation, and culture stories and engage consumer audiences on issues they care about, while working closely with other publicity and marketing groups to infuse these stories within their efforts.
This individual will help build and reinforce the Netflix brand and its service around the world, focusing on technology and a wide range of business issues. She/he will manage product announcements and direct thought leadership around Netflix technology, culture and business matters, all in close collaboration with the Vice President, Corporate Communications and other communications, publicity, marketing and policy colleagues around the world.
In addition, the Director must:
• Have a global orientation, with international experience and the ability to speak multiple languages being a plus
• Be experienced at using various tools to deliver a message, be it infographics, animations, videos or the written word
• Be able to work cross functionally and build relationships inside and outside the organization
• Understand how to build and maintain relationships with key journalists and social media influencers (journalists and former journalists are encouraged to apply)
• Be capable and confident to serve as a company spokesperson in different cultural and media milieus
• Be deeply familiar with, and enthusiastically curious about, technology, entertainment, intellectual property, privacy and other Web issues
• Be an entrepreneurial self-starter who comes up with new approaches and is eager to try those out
The successful candidate for the Corporate Communications role will likely possess a minimum of twelve years of experience in media,
corporate or agency settings. Of particular interest are candidates with backgrounds in journalism who are used to working in a fast-paced environment that requires agility, selflessness and intense focus. Direct experience with technology and/or entertainment businesses is also highly relevant.
The Director, Corporate Communications will report to the Vice President, Corporate Communications.