Director, Consumer Insights: Growth & Relationship
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for a strong leader to drive insights from the global market as Netflix continues to entertain and reach the next 130 million users world-wide. The mission for the Consumer Insights Director is to create a competitive advantage for Netflix by delivering solid insights that help define strategy, facilitate speed and accuracy of decision-making, and ultimately make a positive impact on the business. You will be leading a team that defines, leads, analyzes, interprets and socializes primary research initiatives that make a difference to the experience consumers.
You and your team will be part of the larger consumer insights group and focused on product-based acquisition, adapting the service for markets around the globe, onboarding and retention strategies, and ongoing customer relationship and delight. You will have a direct and immediate impact on the business.
• Inspiring Leadership: Provide inspiring vision and leadership for your team to set priorities, scale for growth and elevate the overall impact of the team. Strong experience required leading a team and hiring amazing talent.
• Deep Research Expertise: Apply a broad research (qual & quant) toolkit while sharing deep experience and expertise. A mix of market research and UX research is ideal. Have big capacity to both think and ''do.'' You flourish in a hands-on role, adding value at different levels. Your capable team performs much of the research in-house and loves to engage in methodological discourse.
• Product Design Focus: Uncover deep and relevant insights, but don't stop there - ensure these are translated into actionable outcomes that affect our product design
• Cross-Functional Connector: Build bridges across the organization to deeply understand the business, bring context to the team and amplify the learnings to infuse the voice of the consumer into a culture that thrives on consumer understanding
• Global Perspective: Netflix is global! Bring a deep understanding of cross-cultural insights expertise to ensure we impact the business for both current and future members across the world
• 12 years of experience in consumer insights / market research on the client and/or agency side. You will have hands-on expertise and passion for research and product innovation.
• Thrive on wanting to know why consumers act and feel the way they do, love sharing this understanding with others, and be known for accurately predicting consumer behavior and reaction. You run circles around others when it comes to understanding consumer drivers and motivations. You boldly bring the voice of the consumer into the room regardless of in a way that has an direct and immediate impact on the business, even when your points are controversial.
• Track record as a strategic thought leader and contributing to the profitable top-line growth of a consumer-focused company by uncovering behaviors and insights that result in breakthrough insights.
• Agile with large amounts of data (qualitative, quantitative, behavioral, secondary, etc.)--determining what's important and distilling it into actionable insights without getting caught up in analysis paralysis. Able to synthesize across multiple sources into a clear and concise story.
• Straightforward, honest and succinct communicator. Can organize, clarify and communicate complex ideas quickly, succinctly and accurately. You have a quick intelligence, are fast on the feet, and quickly respond to inquiries and questions.
• Creative. Demonstrated ability to think innovatively-connecting the dots where others cannot when it comes to consumers to create business building insights.
• Past experience in a culture that utilizes big data and AB testing is a plus.