Director, Brand & Editorial
Full Time Job
Netflix is hiring a Director to lead our UK/IE Brand & Editorial team. This is a senior strategic and creative role that is equal parts brand strategy, audience development and content strategy.
With an evolving social landscape and a growing slate of award-winning original TV shows, films, documentaries and stand-ups produced for all kinds of tastes, we need someone who can help us build our brand in the UK/IE and evolve our owned footprint to help us find the right people and talk to them in the right way about the right things in the right places.
As a direct-to-consumer brand with millions of fans across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, our owned social presences are a key way for us to speak directly to members and non-members every single day. We need someone who can find creative and strategic ways to create cultural phenomena around our brand and original titles to drive positive word of mouth and earned media impressions in the UK/IE and beyond.
While we value being hands-on and love people who can fire off the perfect tweet, this is not a community management role. Reporting into the Brand & Editorial Director - EMEA, the successful candidate will be a seasoned executive capable of hiring and managing high-performance teams, setting strategic context and helping develop creative.
This is a strategic position that will be responsible for leading a team and driving the brand narratives across our owned channels as well as working cross-functionally with the Consumer PR and local Marketing team on campaigns.
- UK/IE Brand & Editorial strategy: You will work closely with other Marketing and Communications leaders to set and own the market's Brand & Editorial strategy.
- Managing and hiring a team of Brand & Editorial managers.
- Working cross-functionally with Marketing, Consumer PR, Publicity and Partner Marketing teams to compliment high-profile campaigns, serve as the brand's first line of reputational defense and deepen consumer understanding of key Netflix benefits.
- Work with external creative agencies and other vendors to help them build teams with the right level of experience and expertise.
- Build and manage budgets.
- Stay on top of social media trends to evolve platform strategy
- Use internal and external social analytics and other internal data to inform strategy and detect new opportunities.
- Actively engage in strategic conversations with social insights and community perspectives.
Background and skills:
The ideal candidate will have a natural passion for entertainment, a deep understanding of internet culture and a knack for spotting and shepherding great storytelling in the digital space. Candidates with more than five years of brand social strategy and a solid understanding of content and editorial strategy, will receive strong consideration. In addition, we also look at:
- Local market, language and landscape expertise. We need someone who understands UK and Irish culture. Someone who is a social native and speaks internet in the region and can apply their strategic vision to additional emerging markets.
- Strong communication skills. Netflix is a memo and debate-intensive culture and team members are expected to participate and contribute to strategic discussions often and significantly.
- Solid grasp of analytics and social listening tools. We don't let data determine our actions but we do rely on data to inform our judgement and intuition. You don't need to be a pivot table genius to work here but you do need to have a good grasp of analytics in order to ask the right questions to our analytical partners.
- Talent management skills. Aside from understanding how to behave professionally around talent, we value the capacity to earn trust with them and their representatives -- a key part of obtaining buy-in for creative ideas and executions.
This role is based in our London office.