Design Program Manager, XD
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
The Netflix Design team is looking for a talented and seasoned Design Program Manager to join our team.
About the Role
As a Program Manager on the Experience Design team, you will drive rapid development, management and production of creative stimuli for the testing of radical hypotheses and qualitative research. You will need to expedite the evolution of creative designs and easily articulate the work, milestones, deadlines and goals along the way. This role requires a high tolerance for iteration, failure and an ability to learn and move on quickly.
As a concept-focused team, your work will directly affect the future design and function of the Netflix member experience. In close collaboration with designers, editors, content strategists, product leads and external creative agencies, your job is to produce visually stunning and highly effective creative for our innovation efforts within the Netflix product.
• 7-10 years working within a creative agency and in-house environment for a tech/retail/consumer brand creative role
• Mastery in digital creative producing and project management skills
• Ability to drive the creative strategy and execution of deadlines with internal design resources and agencies while adhering to test objectives and product best-practices
• Expertise in effectively managing, addressing and responding to design feedback
• Clear understanding of user experience and visual design specifications
• Eye for detailed, high-quality creative
• Excellent collaboration skills
• Self-motivated with the capability of working independently
• Willingness/ability to travel domestically ~ 10-20%
• Prior experience working within software products/apps
• Experience working with motion/video designers, editors and agencies
• Samples that show a breadth of produced work
• Experience in general entertainment art production
Why work at Netflix?
• If you are looking to have a large impact at a growing company and work with a high performance team. Work with talented colleagues on hard problems that affect 100 million member across the globe.
• We value high performance, freedom and responsibility. We don't focus on rules, processes or procedures. We are candid and transparent and seek excellence in all that we do.
• We tackle hard problems that others have not been able to solve. We produce great content, build systems at scale and use data to push the business forward. We connect people with movies and television globally.
• See Who We Are and what our Culture is like.
• You are passionate and curious about design, innovation, technology and content.
• You demand excellence and have a clear POV on both quality and strategy.
• You must be strategic, a forward-thinker, extremely organized, an effective communicator, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• You operate with a high level of intellectual curiosity and have the ability to demonstrate strong judgment in the face of ambiguity.
• You are an adaptable, goal-oriented contributor, driven to succeed and always up for a challenge.
• You have stamina. We are revolutionizing the entertainment industry, and we're just getting started!
• You understand, advocate, and embody the company's values and team goals.
• You have a profound love of movies and television.
• You have a good sense of humor.