Design Program Manager - Content Platform
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
About the Role
As a Program Manager on the Content Engineering Design team, you will need to expedite the development and delivery of a variety of key design programs, deliverables and activities. You will need to be able to structure, maintain, and communicate work plans in a way that minimizes process overhead and maximizes flexibility, accountability, and creativity.
This role requires a high tolerance for iteration, failure and an ability to learn and move on quickly. You will interface with leaders, stakeholders, and designers all across Netflix, and often act as the face of the Design organization.
As a studio-focused team, your work will directly affect the future of the Netflix Originals business. In close collaboration with designers, product and engineering leaders, your job is to keep a growing design organization which sits at the fiery heart of technical innovation for the Netflix studio running smoothly, elevate the impact of our designers and our design programs through operational excellence, and act as a right-hand and Chief of Staff to the Director of Design as we scale up a mature and impactful design practice.
• 7-10 years working as a program manager/producer within a creative agency and/or within an in-house environment managing programs for product design organizations
• Mastery in digital creative producing and project management skills
• Ability to drive the creative strategy and execution of deadlines while adhering to business objectives and product best-practices
• Expertise in effectively managing, addressing and responding to design feedback
• Clear understanding of user experience and visual design specifications
• Eye for detailed, high-quality creative
• Excellent collaboration skills
• Self-motivated with the capability of working independently
• Willingness/ability to travel domestically ~ 10-20%
• Expertise with workshop facilitation and applying design-thinking methods to strategic, organizational, and product definition challenges.
• Prior experience working with teams that design software products/apps
• Experience producing a UX design system
• Samples that show a breadth of produced work
• You love to find a way to make it happen.
• You bias to relationships and results over process and structure.
• You are passionate and curious about design, innovation, technology and content.
• You must be strategic, a forward-thinker, extremely organized, an effective communicator, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• You understand, advocate, and embody the company's values and team goals.
• You have a profound love of movies and television.
• You have a great sense of humor.
Netflix is in the business of connecting storytellers with audiences. As a consumer product company, we constantly innovate to ensure members have the best viewing experience possible - regardless of device, platform, internet connection speed, or language. As a studio, we help storytellers realize their creative vision and deliver the best possible version of that story to a global audience.
Making all of this happen is no small feat. Our mission:
Help people ''behind-the-scenes'' create and promote Original content you know and love. We work with studio executives, financial analysts, producers, vfx artists, trailer editors, synopsis writers, translators and many, many more to supercharge their workflows to become the largest (and most innovative) studio in the world. For creatives, by creatives, we aspire to help people focus on the things people do best such as build relationships with top talent, develop demogorgons, and cut gripping trailers. And, of course, do this on a global scale with local originals such as Terrace House in Japan and 3% in Brazil. We aim to bring clarity to large, complex problem spaces and are just as excited about designing applications as we are creating large scale workflow diagrams.