Counsel / Senior Counsel, APAC Marketing Legal
Full Time Job
Netflix is the world's leading internet television network and is currently growing its regional presence across Asia. With more than 130 million subscribers in over 190 countries, it's an exciting time to work at Netflix.
We are looking for an experienced, talented and passionate lawyer to join our APAC Marketing Legal team with a preference for the successful candidate to be based in Mumbai or Singapore. As part of the APAC Marketing Legal team, you will help define the Netflix brand and shape the future of entertainment across the region.
The APAC Marketing Legal team collaborates with internal and external business partners to support the marketing and publicity of Netflix's content and its service regionally across Asia (excluding Japan). The successful candidate's responsibilities will include supporting key markets (which may include India and/or Korea) on general marketing/publicity legal matters such as the following: drafting and negotiating marketing agreements, advising on rights management, creative advisory (i.e. advising on creative concepts, copy and activations), handling contentious and regulatory matters, and conducting training/workshops and creating precedents/toolkits to help increase efficiency and legal IQ.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a leading media company with a great consumer brand and to help Netflix shape the future of entertainment. The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, innovative and collaborative organization, be intellectually curious, demonstrate great initiative and be excited and inspired by the Netflix culture.
The successful candidate will have 8 years of relevant post-qualification experience as a lawyer working in-house at an entertainment/media company or advertising agency. Qualification/experience working in Asia is required, with India experience preferred. Qualification/experience working in more than one jurisdiction is a plus. Expertise required in marketing/advertising and/or entertainment law.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
• Ability to work proactively, autonomously and reliably within tight timeframes in a fast-paced, high-performance environment
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
• Strong analytical capabilities and sound judgment
• Ability to think commercially, practically, independently and be solution-oriented
• Experience briefing, managing and working closely with external legal counsel
• Ability to deal and communicate effectively with personnel at all levels across the business
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with an ability to multitask, prioritize and meets deadlines
• Strategic interest and outlook
• High degree of professional ethics and integrity
• Flexibility to work across different time zones (e.g., India, Singapore, Korea, USA, etc.) and to travel internationally on a semi-regular basis