Counsel, Kids & Family - Live Action Features
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
With 125 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it is an exciting time to work at Netflix. Our efforts have brought Netflix to virtually all countries around the globe, and we are excited to bring even more of our Originals programming to our viewers everywhere.
Netflix seeks an experienced and intellectually curious attorney to join Netflix's Kids and Family team, with a focus on the development and production of live action family films. The candidate will be a key member of the Kids and Family Business & Legal Affairs team, primarily responsible for negotiating and drafting development agreements, production services agreements, above-the-line talent deals, and other production agreements primarily for live action feature length motion pictures, with the opportunity to work on other Kids & Family programming, such as animated features and series. The candidate must be comfortable challenging norms and finding ways to create efficiencies for this high volume team in order to remain nimble, accomplish Netflix's objectives and execute the Kids and Family content strategies.
The ideal candidate must be very comfortable counseling and collaborating with internal and external creative, production, legal and business partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impact. Excellent drafting skills are a must. The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization and thrive in communicating in a global environment. This is an unique opportunity to help shape our developing kids and family programming strategy.
The successful candidate will have at least four to six years of legal experience primarily in feature films working for a major studio, production company, or law firm.
In addition, the candidate will possess the following:
• Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside their area of expertise
• Strong communication skills (candor, honesty and timeliness)
• Strong analytical (strategic and creative) capabilities and judgment
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment
• Team oriented with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think pragmatically and be solution-oriented
• Business Affairs experience a plus