Counsel, Kids & Family - Feature Animation
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
With over 125 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it's an exciting time to work at Netflix. Our international efforts have brought Netflix around the globe to virtually all countries and we're excited to bring even more of our programming to our viewers around the globe.
Netflix seeks an experienced attorney to handle a wide array of responsibilities related to the development, production and acquisition of Netflix's kids and family programming. The successful candidate will work with the company's Kids and Family Programming Content team to draft agreements necessary to develop and produce the company's feature animation films. This is a unique opportunity to help shape our developing kids programming strategy and make decisions that have both business and legal impacts. The successful candidate will have legal affairs experience with feature animation films, and will be excited about drafting agreements from beginning to end.
The successful candidate will have four to six years of legal affairs experience, preferably at a major network, studio or law firm. The ideal candidate must be very comfortable counseling and collaborating with internal and external business partners, attorneys, producers, and production partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impact. Excellent drafting skills are a must. Experience with content licensing is a plus, but not required.
The successful candidates will also possess the following:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented.
• Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
• J.D. and membership in good standing in at least one state bar.