Counsel, Kids & Family Business and Legal Affairs
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Counsel, Kids & Family Business and Legal Affairs - Live Action Features
Netflix seeks an experienced attorney to join Netflix's Kids and Family team, with a focus on the development and production of live action feature films. The candidate will be a key member of the Kids and Family Business & Legal Affairs team, primarily responsible for negotiating and drafting above-the-line talent deals, development agreements, production services agreements, and other production agreements primarily for live action features, with the opportunity to work on other Kids & Family programming, such as animated features or series. The candidate must be comfortable challenging norms and finding ways to create efficiencies for this high volume team in order to remain nimble, accomplish Netflix's objectives and execute the Kids and Family content strategies.
The ideal candidate must be very comfortable counseling and collaborating with internal and external creative, production, business and legal partners and making decisions that have both business and legal impact. Excellent drafting skills are a must. The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization and thrive in communicating in a global environment. This is an unique opportunity to help shape our developing kids and family programming strategy.
The successful candidate will have at least six to ten years of legal experience primarily in feature films working for a major studio, production company, or law firm.
In addition, the candidate will possess the following:
• Curiosity and an innovative mindset
• Strong communication skills (candor, honesty and timeliness)
• Strong analytical (strategic and creative) capabilities and judgment
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment
• Willingness to tackle matters outside their area of expertise
• Team oriented with the ability to work selflessly and collaboratively cross-functionally, think pragmatically and be solution-oriented
• Business Affairs experience a plus
With over 130 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it is an exciting time to work at Netflix. Our efforts have brought Netflix to virtually all countries around the globe, and we are excited to bring even more of our Originals programming to our viewers everywhere.