Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs, Original Independent Features
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
With over 100 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it is an exciting time to work at Netflix. Our efforts have brought Netflix to virtually all countries around the globe and we are excited to bring even more of our Originals programming to our viewers everywhere.
Netflix seeks an intellectually curious attorney to join Netflix's Original Independent Features division, with a focus on financing, producing and acquiring indie films like To All The Boys I've Loved Before, Set It Up, How It Ends and The Kissing Booth. The candidate will be a key member of the business & legal affairs team, primarily responsible for structuring, drafting and negotiating above-the-line talent agreements, development agreements, production services agreements and other production, finance, license and acquisition agreements for film. The candidate must be comfortable challenging norms and finding ways to create efficiencies for this high volume team in order to remain nimble, accomplish Netflix's objectives and execute the original film and content acquisition strategies. The candidate will also be responsible for overseeing matters that arise throughout the production process. The ideal candidate must be very comfortable counseling and collaborating with internal and external business partners, producers, production counsel and production partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impact. Excellent drafting skills are a must.
The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization and thrive in communicating in a global environment.
The successful candidate will have at least 8 years of relevant experience in film working for a production company, studio or law firm.
In addition, the candidate will possess the following:
• Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside their area of expertise
• Strong communication skills (candor, honesty)
• Strong analytical (strategic and creative) capabilities and judgment
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think pragmatically and be solution-oriented
• Adaptable negotiation style
• Passion for indie film and Netflix's film strategy