Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs, International Originals - India
Full Time Job
Netflix seeks a seasoned and intellectually curious attorney to join Netflix's growing International Originals initiative focused on creating local language content in a variety of international markets, e.g., Club de Cuervos (Mexico), Terrace House (Japan) and 3% (Brazil). The successful candidate will be a key member of the International Originals team and will work closely alongside business and creative partners, producers and local counsel to structure content agreements and harmonize Netflix objectives within production frameworks, with a focus on India. In doing so, the Counsel will be responsible for learning and implementing the legal landscape and production customs necessary to develop and produce local content for Netflix's global digital streaming platform. As a result, the ideal candidate will be very comfortable counseling business partners, collaborating with global partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impact.
The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization and thrive in communicating in a global environment.
The successful candidate will have 7-10 years of broad-based entertainment experience in production, commercial negotiations with talent and studios, media financing, licensing and/or distribution. Experience with the Indian market, and practical knowledge of the industry (including production and licensing) is required. Bilingual in English and Hindi highly preferred.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
• Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside their area of expertise
• Strong communication skills (candor, honesty, tact)
• Strong analytical (strategic and creative) capabilities and judgment
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work in a small group, tackle all challenges and take initiative
• Ability to work closely with and manage outside counsel
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented
• Adaptable negotiation style
• Passion for Netflix's strategy and different cultures
• Comfortable traveling internationally
With 130 million memberships in over 190 countries, it is an exciting time to work at Netflix. Our international efforts have brought Netflix to virtually all countries around the globe and we are excited to bring even more of our Originals programming to our viewers everywhere.
Netflix is just getting started in India and, as part of the initial Mumbai-based team, you will help define the Netflix brand and shape the future of entertainment in an environment where collaboration between legal and business thrives. In 2017, Netflix will invest $6 billion in content globally and we'll continue to focus on investment in original content in India. The Mumbai team will have the opportunity to grow India into one of Netflix's leading markets.