Corporate Communications Manager
Full Time Job
Corporate Communications Manager - Thailand
The Corporate Communications Manager, Thailand will help formulate, execute and sustain a corporate communications strategy for Netflix in Thailand.
This individual will help build and reinforce the Netflix reputation and its service in Thailand, focusing on technology and a wide range of business issues, with deep local insights. She/he will manage product announcements and direct thought leadership around Netflix technology, culture and business matters, all in close collaboration with other communications, publicity, marketing and policy colleagues.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Communications department for Southeast Asia, the role has strong cross-functional interactions with the broader team, with a high level of visibility and impact within the business. This individual will be a key partner to the Policy, Business Development, Legal, and Content teams as well the PR teams based in the region and other locations.
The Corporate Communications Manager, Thailand, should possess at least 10 years of experience in corporate or agency settings; preferably with experience in the entertainment, technology and/or media sector, as well as crisis and issues management. The successful individual will be used to working in a fast-paced environment that requires agility, selflessness and the ability to manage multiple priorities at once.
• 10 years of experience in corporate or agency settings; preferably with experience in the entertainment, technology and/or media sector, as well as crisis and issues management.
• Have a strong business acumen as well as know technology, entertainment, regulatory, and competitive issues involving Netflix.
• When necessary, to serve as a company spokesperson.
• Have in-depth experience of the Thai media landscape; have - or be capable of - quickly establishing trusted relationships with business, media and technology sector media, news media and entertainment trade press; as well as a strong understanding of the nuances of newsrooms.
• Have a global mindset, ideally with experience of working in multiple countries and/or in multicultural environments.
• Be able to work cross-functionally and build relationships inside and outside the organisation.
• Be an entrepreneurial self-starter who comes up with new approaches and is eager to try those out.
• Have a passion for entertainment and how that relates to Thai consumers.
• Demonstrate a deep appreciation of local sensitivities and insights into Thai culture, including the ability to write and speak in Thai and English.
The role will require fairly frequent travel within the region and to other international locations.
The Netflix culture attracts individuals who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, passion and curiosity. Read our culture memo; if it resonates for you, maybe you're the right person to join our team!
Are you excited about how great entertainment is created and enthralled by how technology is allowing consumers to discover and enjoy it? Do you want to help tell the story of a company delivering joy to its tens of millions of members all over the world and work closely with the talented and creative people dedicated to making it better? Do you enjoy writing, editing, collaborating, and planning communications strategies in a fast-moving environment where responsiveness, clarity and communication are vital? If so, we may have just the opportunity for the right person on our growing corporate communications team.
We are looking for a talented corporate communications professional to tell our corporate story as well as build and protect our reputation among corporate, business, technology and related stakeholders. The Corporate Communications Manager, Thailand, will be based in Singapore and will join a group of seasoned professionals to help tell Netflix's story as a company and the technology that underpins our content. She/He will also bring to life how Netflix is investing in local original content as well as being a significant exporter of content from Thailand.
The Corporate Communications function is strategically critical to building on the company's success and reinforcing its reputation in a fast-changing, complex and competitive global media landscape. We tell our product, financial, innovation, and culture stories and engage consumer audiences on issues they care about, while working closely with other publicity and marketing groups to infuse these stories within their efforts.