Corporate Communications Manager - Korea
Full Time Job
We are looking for a talented corporate communications expert with a strong understanding of and relationships with corporate, business, and technology media. The Corporate Communications Manager, Korea, will be based in Seoul and will be a member of a group of seasoned professionals helping to tell the story of Netflix as a company and the technology that underpins our content. They will also bring to life how Netflix is investing in local original content, as well as being a significant exporter of content from Korea, providing creatives with a platform to tell new and different stories. Additionally, this individual will help build and protect the Netflix reputation and brand throughout the country.
It's an amazing time to join the Netflix team as we continue transforming from a brand that was not known to one that creates excitement and joy for its subscribers.
The Corp Communications function is strategically critical to reinforcing the Netflix brand and its service in a fast-changing, complex, and competitive entertainment landscape. We tell our product, financial, innovation, and culture stories and engage media and industry audiences on a wide range of issues, while working closely with other public facing functions to infuse these stories within their efforts.
The Corporate Communications role will be a go-to person for media of all types and strengthen established relationship and bring impactful coverage opportunities. The person will proactively set agenda and organize media engagement activities as a thought partner for media and industry audiences.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Communications department for Korea, the role has strong cross-functional interactions with the broader team, with a high level of visibility and impact within the business. This individual will be a key partner to the Policy, Business Development, Legal, and Content teams as well the PR teams based in the region and other locations.
The successful individual will be used to working in a fast-paced environment that requires agility, selflessness and the ability to manage multiple things at once.
• At least 8 years of experience in both corporate and agency setting, and preferably in the entertainment and/or media sector including a background in crisis and issues management.
• In-depth knowledge about related regulatory and competitive landscape affecting the business, and should be capable to serve as a spokesperson of the company.
• Extensive experience working with corporate, business, and technology sector media; and deep understanding of the Korean media landscape.
• Capable to tell and shape partnership-related stories, by working closely with business and content partners with the right strategy and media approach.
• A bias for action who is known to manage things in a timely manner. A go-getter who actively secures and place coverage.
• Able to work cross-functionally and build relationships inside and outside the organisations; Passion for external relations across media, content, technology partners.
• A strong performer with high level of selflessness and prioritization skills.
• Bilingual (Korean and English), a succinct writer who masters the nuances of Korean language.