Coordinator, Systems & Innovation - Post Production
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
As Netflix expands its global footprint, we are increasing our investment in original content production of all shapes and sizes, for all ages - from tentpole feature films and series, to documentary, comedy specials, unscripted and local language productions around the world. The Systems & Innovation group seeks a Coordinator to assist with the cultivation of innovative and efficient strategies and workflows for managing productions, vendors, facilities, and produced content of all types.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and episodic shows, Netflix has grown to have over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day. With continued international expansion and a move into original film acquisition and production underway, it's a great time to join Netflix.
The Coordinator, Systems & Innovation - Post Production supports the Manager, Systems & Innovation and S&I team. Systems and Innovations (S&I) is responsible for helping optimize the Post org as a whole and will partner with each Post Production team to ideate, quantify and prioritize innovations development.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, effective communication and able to exercise good judgment and initiative. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting with the development of innovative ideas to aide post
• Assisting with organizing and tracking initiatives
• Supporting alignment efforts across post verticals and cross-functionally with other teams
• Support ''Citizen Developer'' efforts on behalf of the post team to propel the creation and adoption of emerging technology and tools developed internally and externally.
• Assist with creation and implementation of innovative, working solutions for project management, communication and media management.
• College degree preferred or additional production certificate programs.
• 3 years of experience within medium to high budget studios, networks or high volume production companies.
• Familiarity with production and post software such as Avid Media Composer, Pix, and Shotgun as well as newer cloud platforms such as Airtable, Zapier, Google API.
• Have some UI/page design experience
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery).
• Strong organizational skills with proactive mentality
• Have creative problem-solving abilities
• Knowledge of digital audio and video file formats.
• Working knowledge of outside vendors including labs and DI facilities.
• Highly organized, efficient and detail oriented
• Comfortable with a fast pace and constant change
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting
• Passionate about our culture and values in the workplace.
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), comprehensive benefits and relocation.