Coordinator, VFX - Features
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
As Netflix expands its global content creation footprint, we are increasing our investment in original content production across multiple content ''verticals'' (features, scripted and unscripted TV, documentaries, comedies, etc). The Visual Effects team is seeking a Coordinator to provide support to our features team.
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 158 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
The Coordinator, VFX supports the Senior Manager, VFX and team across a variety of duties including - tracking post production and VFX and supporting software initiatives to streamline efficiency across vertical activities - such as content delivery, post production & VFX planning, talent acquisition, etc.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, effective communication and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide assistance as needed with all aspects of post-production and VFX and across content verticals from pre-production through delivery.
• Facilitate evolution of post production and VFX tracking software and internal systems such as Origin Story. Manage enhancement requests as needed.
• Provide research to support efforts to create better alignment between verticals.
• Liaise between vendors, crew, internal teams to improve cross vertical information flow.
• Facilitate bridging between Los Gatos technology team, LA based post-production and VFX team, and external crew to encourage optimal functionality of content hub delivery process across verticals.
• Track and manage post schedules, keeping stakeholders apprised of status.
• College degree preferred or additional production certificate programs. 3 years of experience within a medium to high budget studio, network or high volume production company.
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery).
• Strong organizational skills with proactive mentality and a strong problem solver.
• Familiarity with production and post software such as Shotgun, Pix, as well as newer cloud platforms such as Box, FileTrack, Scenechronize.
• Knowledge of digital audio and video file formats.
• Working knowledge of outside vendors including labs and DI facilities.
• Highly organized, efficient and detail oriented.
• Comfortable with a fast pace and constant change.
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters.
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting.
• Passionate about our culture and values in the workplace.