Coordinator - Production Technology
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is the leading provider of streaming video, a lot of it original content: features, shorts, series, documentaries, comedy specials and unscripted content.
Across all types of projects, Netflix strives to optimize content quality and longevity without compromising efficiency and creative vision. As part of the Netflix Post Operations group, the Production Technology team aims to provide technical guidance based on Netflix specifications and best practices, in order to achieve the highest quality end-to-end imaging and sound pipeline. From on-set through final delivery, we offer direct support to productions, including crews as well as internal and external post production teams.
By staying up-to-date with the most advanced developments in professional and consumer technology, our team offers expertise in key areas of motion picture production and post-production - cameras, sound, data management, image science, dailies, editorial, color correction, deliverables, archival, and more!
As part of the Production Technology team, you will:
• Provide basic production technology support to Netflix Originals productions.
• Educate various internal and external teams on Netflix Originals technical specifications and production best practices.
• Facilitate and track progress of special projects and support tasks assigned to the Production Technology Specialists.
• Assist Production Tech with research, documentation and logistics on their projects.
• Create articles, documents and other support resources to educate creative partners and vendors about our requirements and initiatives.
• Maintain currency on Audio, Video and Streaming technology.
• Strong customer orientation and helpful, collaborative demeanor.
• An ability to translate technical jargon into layperson's terms.
• Minimum of 4-years of film/TV production or post-production experience.
• Understanding of image capture, production and post-production workflows.
• Understanding of common industry tools and production practices.
• Ability to remain organized in a fast-paced environment with many competing priorities.
• Ability to develop long-standing relationships with post-production operational teams.
• A passion for sound and the moving image.