Coordinator, Production Planning, Studio Operations
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking a Production Planning Coordinator to support the Production Planning Team based out of our Los Angeles Headquarters. This position would organize vital production and studio information with an increasing slate of International Originals from pre-production through archive & wrap using internal tools, as well as working closely with our cross-functional teams within Netflix.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix is the world's leading Internet television network with over 104 million members in over 190 countries. With this international expansion and a growing slate of International Original productions, it's a great time to join Netflix.
A successful candidate will be passionate, self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and communication.
• Coordinate holds and schedules with studio facilities, production companies and production vendors worldwide for Netflix productions across all content types.
• Maintain internal sound stage and vendor scheduling database.
• Set up, schedule and coordinate initial kick off and ongoing production planning meetings for self managed and partner managed productions.
• Serve as facility scheduling contact for Netflix Production Coordinators.
• Research, curate, and develop relationships with studios and vendors.
• Research and outreach to potential filming locations and studios worldwide.
• Maintain, update, champion the use of our internal systems to track and manage production planning for Netflix.
• Assist managers with internal databases for production schedules and holds.
• Serve as bridge between productions and internal Netflix teams to ensure both sides receive pertinent updates in a timely manner.
• Any other duties as necessary to support the productions and the department.
• 3 years experience in physical production within a high volume production company or working on studio film or television productions. Candidates will likely be at the Assistant Manager or Manager role (or equivalent) level outside of Netflix.
• Team player with an ability to supervise several projects in various points of production planning in a fast paced environment.
• Access to long roster of high quality vendors and crew/ creative talent worldwide.
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent manners.
• Ability to be discreet and handle confidential information.
• Proficiency in Google Docs, Sheets, Gmail, Gdrive, MS Word, Excel. AirTable a plus.
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly.
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production process and equipment and studios.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task.
• Willingness to take educated risks and think out of the box.