Coordinator, Production Finance
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Coordinator, Production Finance (JET)
Netflix is looking to identify and develop the industry's next generation of Production Finance professionals. To that end, we've built our Junior Executive Training program (JET). This is an entry-level production finance position with rotations through our in-house production headquarters as well as on-set of our original productions.
For the first nine months of the program, JET coordinators will support, from our office in Hollywood, Netflix Production Finance Executives and Production Finance Associates. The following six months you'll be on set of a Netflix Original production, working as a member of the production accounting team. Following the rotation in the field, you'll move back in house and into a different vertical, where you'll once again spend nine months in house and six months in the field. Coordinators will be assigned to and cycle through content verticals including Series, Features, Documentaries, Stand-Up, Talk Shows, and Unscripted productions.
JET is a three-year rotational program composed of hands-on work, educational seminars, and mentorship. Exceptional Coordinators will have the opportunity to develop into Production Finance Associates.
This is a great opportunity for accounting clerks looking to accelerate their professional growth, or finance-minded production professionals looking to learn the nuts and bolts of film and series accounting.
**Our next JET class is scheduled to begin April 2019.**
• Immersive and comprehensive training in Production Finance and Production Accounting while supporting the Production Finance team
• Partner with Production Finance associate to manage studio paid costs, bank reconciliations, show fundings, accounts payable and relationship management with outside production accounting teams
• Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three years post-undergrad experience in finance, production, or a related field
• The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, a focus on generating results and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics. Candidates must be self-motivated, disciplined, highly organized, and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
• High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving and analysis utilizing financial applications, including great Excel skills
• Strong written communication skills and experience in facilitating and presenting analyses
• Passion for entertainment and finance is a must
• Candidates must be willing to travel to location for several months at a time
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us.