Coordinator, Physical Production
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Coordinator, Global Original Documentaries Physical Production
Netflix is seeking a Production Coordinator to support the Physical Production team in Global Original Documentaries. This position would focus on an increasing slate of original documentary films and series from pre-production through delivery, working closely with third party production companies, freelance crews and our cross-functional teams within Netflix.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited films and television shows, Netflix is the world's leading Internet television network with over 130 million members in more than 190 countries. With this international expansion and a growing slate of documentary content, it's a great time to join Netflix.
A successful candidate will be passionate about production, self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities, with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and communication.
• Work in tandem with physical production executives to onboard and support global original documentary productions at Netflix
• Create, update, and proactively maintain internal and external production resources and documents
• Serve as a bridge between productions and internal Netflix teams to ensure both sides receive pertinent updates in a timely manner
• Advocate for Global Documentary team while working internally and owning relationships cross functionally
• Maintain internal databases for production schedules, crew, and contacts
• Generate decks for various internal and external presentations
• Champion evolving technologies and determine how to incorporate into production workflows
• In collaboration with interdepartmental Netflix production teams, develop and update physical production ''best practices'' and refine evolving film production guidelines to deliver to filmmakers
• Perform special project research for production executives as needed
• BA/BS Degree -
• 3 years hands-on production management or set experience in documentary and/or unscripted production
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters -
• Teamplayer who operates efficiently and with empathy in a fast-paced team-oriented setting -
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information -
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly in the best interest of the team?
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production process -
• Strong understanding of traditional production schedules and paperwork
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask -
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Mail. Familiarity with Movie Magic Budgeting and Scheduling beneficial but not required.