Coordinator, Physical Production - Family Features
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking a Physical Production Coordinator to support the Family Features Physical Production team based out of Los Angeles, CA. This position would organize vital production information and workflows with an increasing slate of Original Family films from pre-production through archive & wrap using internal tools, as well as working closely with both freelance crews and our cross-functional teams within Netflix.
A successful candidate will be passionate, self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary and prioritize, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and communication.
• Coordinate the onboarding process for production companies and freelance producers to the Netflix ecosystem, tools and resources.
• Set up, schedule and coordinate initial kick off and ongoing production meetings for self managed and partner managed productions.
• Serve as primary production contact through pre-production, production and wrap for Production Coordinators.
• Update and maintain inward and outward facing production resources and documents.
• Assist managers with budget reviews and analysis.
• In coordination with Managers, communicate with Content Executives and Coordinators to keep them abreast of production status or issues.
• In collaboration with interdepartmental Netflix production teams, develop and update physical production ''best practices'' and refine production guidelines.
• Serve as bridge between productions and internal Netflix teams to ensure both sides receive pertinent updates in a timely manner.
• Assist productions and executives in planning and coordinating travel.
• Any other duties as necessary to support the productions and the department.
• BA/BS Degree
• 5 years experience in feature physical production. Family film experience a plus, but not required.
• Team player in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to handle multiple projects at various stages of production.
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent manners.
• Ability to be discreet and handle confidential information.
• Proficiency in Google Docs, Sheets, Gmail, Gdrive, MS Word, Excel. Movie Magic Budgeting and Scheduling a plus, but not required.