Coordinator, Marketing Music
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Netflix marketing legal team is hiring a music coordinator to facilitate music clearances and music licensing for Netflix's Marketing Music Team.
Our Marketing and PR campaigns are a key part of Netflix's ongoing success, and music is core to those campaigns. Supporting the marketing music team and helping with the nitty gritty of finding and licensing music for use in trailers, promos, and specialty projects, the candidate will also work across the company's Music Group and stakeholders in the Marketing and PR organizations. The successful candidate easily embeds into new teams and has a sturdy foundation in music licensing as it pertains to entertainment and/or marketing. Building internal relationships and keeping forward momentum in the fast-moving world of marketing and PR are paramount.
The successful candidate loves everything music. Our ideal candidate spends their free time going to venues, searching the Internet for the next great artists, and studying musicology. They think having several different licenses (synch, master, mechanical, etc.) for the same work makes complete sense and don't think twice about a 7-way split ownership for ''a side'' of a song. They think about how best to source, track, and organize everything that goes into the workflow of fixing music to picture.
The successful candidate will be someone who loves working in an environment where freedom and responsibility are tenets, and passion, innovation and curiosity are mandates. This person will have incredible soft skills to compliment their diligent work ethic. Our ideal candidate seeks an environment that places thoughtful efficiency over process yet knows how to work with organizations or institutions that may not hold the same beliefs. This page outlines how our ideal candidates always thought a company should be run.
This role is based in Los Angeles, and reports into the Marketing Legal Group, and will be part of the larger music group at Netflix.
List of Responsibilities:
• Coordinating with Netflix's internal cross-functional stakeholders as well as outside parties including labels, publishers, copyright owners, composers, their managers and/or attorneys, regarding ownership, invoicing and license tracking.
• Researching music ownership and seeking/obtaining quotes from music libraries.
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with internal partners and third-party companies, labels, artists, studios, and publishers.
• Managing Netflix marketing music clearance and rights information including tracking territory, media and terms and maintaining/tracking all cue sheets.
• Participating in other projects specific to Netflix's marketing music needs.
• The successful candidate will have at least 3 years of music licensing experience at a major production, film/television studio, television network, agency, publisher, label, or law firm in the music department.
• Understands the fundamentals of music licensing.
• Experience clearing library music and sound design.
• Familiarity with rights ownership research.
• Experience reading and filling out cue sheets.
• Tracking licenses from receipt to final execution.
• Sending use confirmations for finalized music deals and shepherding the appropriate contracts.
• Attention to detail and understanding of the critical nature of clean data as it pertains to music rights.
• A natural aptitude for technology
• Clear, concise communication skills.
• Ability to distill salient points and frame and present issues succinctly.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple projects under tight time-frames in a fast-paced production environment.
• Ability to pivot quickly, think practically, and be solution-oriented.