Coordinator, Film Publicity
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Coordinator, Film Publicity - Foreign Language
Do you live and breathe entertainment - film, TV, music? Do you stay ahead of the curve and take in the latest content across different platforms? What were the last 5 movies you watched? Quick, name your top three favorite directors. Do you have at least two years experience in a publicity department? And if yes, do you love every second of it? Have you checked out our culture memo? Please do so. If you are intrigued, we may have an opportunity for you.
It's the chance to be on the ground floor with a team that will handle film for the online leader, changing the perception of original films and how they should be enjoyed and celebrated. It's a chance to take different approaches in supporting a promotional and publicity campaign for a team that moves quickly. Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 130 million paid members in over 190 countries.
The Coordinator, Film Publicity - Foreign Language will be a part of a small team that works on publicity campaigns for all Netflix foreign language films through their launch, as well as awards campaigns. The role is supportive and reports directly to the Manager - Foreign Language, but is not purely administrative as our growing and exceptional slate of international cinema will provide opportunities to take on more challenging projects and contribute in a meaningful way.
Tasks are varied, extensive and timely. They will include but are not limited to: working with coordinators across the department to put in place a set of best practices that enable us to move quicker, bigger and better; booking high volume of talent travel, interview schedules, managing itineraries for travel and carefully tracking costs; coordinating with outside agencies and vendors to track contracts and ensure timely payment; assisting with meeting schedules and facilitation, including help putting together presentations and coordinating audiovisual needs; pitching the press and tracking top press coverage on key titles; updating various lists, documents and charts on the department's google drive; liaising with team that translates press releases for worldwide use and local agencies to distribute said releases; and other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate is:
• Proactive. They don't need to be nudged or reminded about their tasks and responsibilities.
• Able to anticipate potential problems and knows when to ask for help.
• Confident and able to express ideas thoughtfully and with passion.
• Meticulous about the details. Every single one of them.
• Thorough, completes tasks and follows up.
• Scrappy, resourceful and relentless in trying to find a solution before escalating issues.
• Aware that the world of publicity is not a 9-5 job.
• Organized, organized, organized -- i.e. there's a label on your label maker.
• Poised, not scared to speak up with the team, and mature.
• Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadlines and pressure.
• Able to pivot and adapt to shifting priorities without missing a beat.
• A proactive and positive thinker and a contributor to the team.
• Familiar with the Google suite.
• Able to function effectively as a part of a loosely coupled but highly-aligned team.
• Effective in dealing with global PR agencies, talent reps and internal executives.
• A great communicator - via email, by phone, in person-and simultaneously.
• Able to see this opportunity as a stepping stone for a career in publicity.
The successful candidate for Coordinator, Film Publicity - Foreign Language will have at least three to five years of entertainment experience either in a studio or agency setting with experience in pitching the press and speaking directly to media. They will be a clear and concise communicator in a variety of media. The role is global so some international experience is a bonus but not a deal breaker. However, there should be interest in foreign films and understand that these campaigns won't always be about glitz and movie stars.
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
Demonstrated ability to think innovatively-connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
Great writer and clear talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed
Has a big capacity to both think and 'do'. Flourishes in a 'hands on' role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
A smart minimalist
Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that.
Has a Point of View
An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
Moves quickly and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done within short timeframes.
Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values.
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), comprehensive benefits and relocation.