Coordinator, Creative Marketing - Japan
Full Time Job
It's an exciting time to join Netflix as we continue shaping the future of global entertainment. With over 130 million streaming members in over 190 countries, our approach to Marketing is to defy convention, disrupt industry norms and break new ground through innovative, culturally relevant, breakthrough campaigns.
We're looking for smart, motivated, scrappy individuals to fill an integral role on the creative marketing team for a Coordinator of Creative Marketing for Japan. This is a great growth opportunity to join a team that leads the development and launch of innovative marketing and social campaigns across a diverse range of original content. To be clear, it is NOT an admin role.
In this role, you will be a key contributor of the team strategizing, executing and managing global marketing and social launch campaigns for Netflix original series produced in Japan. You will be a member of a small, seasoned and nimble group of professionals based in the Tokyo office, reporting to the Manager of Creative Marketing for Japan.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has a creative disposition. This is first and foremost a creative job. The coordinator will work directly with agencies, and is a key contributor to the creative output on a given Marketing and Social campaign. (See more below under ''Core Responsibilities'')
• Has a native understanding of digital with an emphasis on mobile, social, video and display and an ability to tell stories through great ideas regardless of medium. More specifically, we're looking for someone with a passion for social media and good judgment about what captures people's attention and gets people talking.
• Has experience working with the social networks to identify opportunities for innovation.
• Is an effective collaborator in a fast paced, multifaceted environment. We will typically have multiple launch campaigns happening at once.
• Is structured, organised and used to managing project timelines, budgets and deliverables.
• Is a cross-functional team player who is able to engage, listen and collaborate with internal departments/teams to execute elegant campaigns seamlessly, and to see the cross-functional collaboration through launch.
• Has a hunger to learn new areas of marketing and social, in this ever-evolving digital landscape.
• Our team is diverse, with a mix of backgrounds including journalism, video production, digital marketing, PR, brand, entertainment, social news, and agency experience. We're always looking for people that add to the broader team's skillset.
• Partner with campaign managers to develop culturally relevant and impactful global campaigns that connect with consumers
• Assist in the creation of breakthrough creative materials - including AV assets (trailers, social videos), digital and other mobile-optimized creative, print, outdoor, etc.
• Handle day-to-day project tracking and management with internal cross-functional teams (e.g. content, product, publicity, media strategy, social, etc.) and agency partners.
• Become familiar with details of campaigns in order to keep the team on track and be an effective participant
• Asset management (workflow / timelines) and transfer between internal and external departments, ensuring timely delivery
• Provide additional creative support on priority campaigns
• Catalogue incoming and outgoing assets
• Work with internal partners on music requests/licensing and legal reviews
• Develop, track and maintain budgets for team campaigns
• Assist in creating presentations and maintaining various documents and charts for various campaigns
• Shepherd scope, budget, and overall campaign resources.
The successful candidate possesses:
• A minimum 3-5 years of marketing (and/or social media) experience either at a creative agency, brand, network/studio marketing team, or network on-air department.
• Strong communication skills in both English and Japanese.
• Have excellent creative taste and be a clear, concise communicator in a variety of media.
• Innate curiosity and excitement to dive into the overlapping worlds of marketing and social.
• A real passion for entertainment and TV is a must.
• See Who We Are and what our Culture is like.
• You are a proactive self-starter, who does not need to be told what to do and will be resourceful in order to find solutions to any challenge. You are not afraid to get your hands dirty.
• You are passionate and curious about all aspects of the business - especially when bridging the gap between our content and our brand - and have an entrepreneurial mindset.
• You thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment in the face of ambiguity.
• You are an agile, goal-oriented personality, driven to succeed and always up for a challenge!
• You are an avid user of both your left and right brain. If you live and breathe global entertainment and geek out at the thought of breaking the advertising mold, then we want to talk to you.