Coordinator, Corporate Series Content Communications
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Coordinator, Corporate Series Content Communications will play a key role in supporting the growing global publicity and content communications team.
Tasks are varied, extensive and timely. They will include but are not limited to: working with coordinators across the department to put in place a set of best practices that enable us to move quicker, bigger and better; tracking and updating information related to our series in a timely way; assisting with meeting schedules and facilitation, including help putting together presentations and coordinating audiovisual needs; updating existing corporate documents and creating new ones that elevate our work; maintaining departmental files including news announcement calendar, project calendar, fast facts and executive biographies; posting news announcements to the media center; assisting with talent travel and interview schedules - both booking travel and managing itineraries; coordinating with outside agencies and vendors to track contracts and ensure timely payment; tracking top press coverage on select titles; liaising with team that translates press releases for worldwide use and local agencies to distribute said releases; and other duties as assigned.
The Successful Candidate Is:
• Confident and able to express ideas thoughtfully and with passion.
• Meticulous about the details. Every single one of them.
• Thorough, completes tasks and follows up.
• Passionate about entertainment. A rabid fan of television, film and pop culture.
• Scrappy, resourceful and relentless in trying to find a solution before escalating issues.
• Able to anticipate potential problems and knows when to ask for help.
• Aware that the world of publicity is not a 9-5 job.
• Organized, organized, organized -- i.e. there's a label on your label maker.
• Poised, not scared to speak up with the team, and mature.
• Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadlines and pressure.
• Able to pivot and adapt to shifting priorities without missing a beat.
• A proactive and positive thinker and a contributor to the team.
• Knows Google Drive like the back of their hand.
• Able to function effectively as a part of a loosely coupled but highly-aligned team.
• Effective in dealing with global PR agencies, talent reps and internal executives.
• A great communicator - via email, by phone, in person-and simultaneously.
• Able to see this opportunity as a stepping stone for a career in publicity.
The successful candidate for Coordinator, Corporate Series Content Communications will have at least 3-4 years of entertainment experience either in a studio or agency setting. She/he will be a clear and concise communicator in a variety of media.
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
Demonstrated ability to think innovatively-connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
Great writer and clear talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed
Has a big capacity to both think and 'do'. Flourishes in a hands-on role, with a bias to action, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
A smart minimalist
Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that.
Has a Point of View
An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
Moves quickly and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done at a nice clip.
Deep sense of personal integrity with sound judgment, transparent about challenges or failures and will question actions inconsistent with company values.
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), comprehensive benefits and relocation.
It's the chance to work with a team that is transforming television through quality series that launch worldwide, and an innovative platform that enables viewers to watch any time, on any device. With popular series such as Stranger Things, Orange is the New Black, GLOW, Ozark and many more, Netflix has grown to more than 130 million paid subscribers in 190 countries -- and counting. With more incredible series on the way and continued international expansion, it's a great time to join Netflix.