Coordinator, Corporate Films Communications
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Do you live and breathe entertainment? Do you stay ahead of the curve and take in the latest films and TV shows across different platforms? Are you motivated by seeing your PR strategy have a direct impact on the overall business goals? Do you crave autonomy over your campaigns? If this resonates, then the opportunity to join our originals publicity team and work on our growing film initiative could be the job for you!
It's the chance to be on the ground floor with a team that will handle film globally for the online leader, changing the perception of original films and how they should be enjoyed and celebrated. It's a chance to be fearless and unconventional, try new things, lean into the unknown and turn a film publicity campaign on its head. It's an opportunity where you actually get to experience the direct impact your work has on the business.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 125 million streaming members in over 190 countries.
The Coordinator, Corporate Films Communications will play a key role in supporting the growing global publicity and content communications team.
Tasks are varied, extensive and timely. They will include but are not limited to: working with coordinators across the department to put in place a set of best practices that enable us to move quicker, bigger and better; tracking and updating information related to our films in a timely way; assisting with meeting schedules and facilitation, including help putting together presentations and coordinating audiovisual needs; updating existing corporate documents and creating new ones that elevate our work; maintaining departmental files including news announcement calendar, project calendar, fast facts and executive biographies; posting news announcements to the media center; tracking top press coverage on select titles; and other duties as assigned.
The Successful Candidate Is:
• Confident and able to express ideas thoughtfully and with passion.
• Meticulous about the details. Every single one of them.
• Thorough, completes tasks and follows up.
• Passionate about entertainment. A rabid fan of television, film and pop culture.
• Scrappy, resourceful and relentless in trying to find a solution before escalating issues.
• Able to anticipate potential problems and knows when to ask for help.
• Aware that the world of publicity is not a 9-5 job.
• Organized, organized, organized -- i.e. there's a label on your label maker.
• Poised, not scared to speak up with the team, and mature.
• Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadlines and pressure.
• Able to pivot and adapt to shifting priorities without missing a beat.
• A proactive and positive thinker and a contributor to the team.
• Knows Google Drive like the back of their hand.
• Able to function effectively as a part of a loosely coupled but highly-aligned team.
• Effective in dealing with PR agencies, talent reps and internal executives.
• A great communicator - via email, by phone, in person-and simultaneously.
• Able to see this opportunity as a stepping stone for a career in publicity.
The successful candidate will have at least two to three years of media experience either in a studio, news or agency setting. She/he will be a clear and concise communicator with strong written skills.
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
Demonstrated ability to think innovatively-connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
Great writer and clear talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed
Has a big capacity to both think and 'do'. Flourishes in a hands-on role, with a bias to action, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
A smart minimalist
Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that.
Has a Point of View
An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
Moves quickly and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done at a nice clip.
Deep sense of personal integrity with sound judgment, transparent about challenges or failures and will question actions inconsistent with company values.
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), comprehensive benefits and relocation.