Coordinator, Corporate Film Communications
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Do you live and breathe entertainment? Do you stay ahead of the curve and take in the latest films and TV shows across different platforms? Are you motivated by seeing your PR strategy have a direct impact on the overall business goals? Do you love diving into some of the most timely cultural issues of our time? If this resonates, then the opportunity to join our corporate communications team and work on our growing film initiative could be the job for you!
The Opportunity It's the chance to be on the ground floor with a team that will handle film globally for the online leader, changing the perception of original films and how they should be enjoyed and celebrated. It's a chance to be fearless and unconventional, try new things, lean into the unknown and turn a film communications strategy on its head. It's an opportunity where you get to experience the direct impact your work has on the business.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 139 million streaming members in over 190 countries.
The Role The Coordinator will play a key role in supporting the growing film communications team.
Tasks are varied, extensive and timely. They will include but are not limited to: writing press releases and pitching to the media; researching issues that impact our films and business; working with coordinators across the department to put in place a set of best practices that enable us to move quicker, bigger and better; tracking and updating information related to our films in a timely way; assisting with meeting schedules and facilitation, including help putting together presentations and coordinating audiovisual needs; updating existing corporate documents and creating new ones that elevate our work; maintaining departmental files including news announcement calendar, project calendar, fast facts and executive biographies; posting news announcements to the media center; tracking top press coverage on select titles; and other duties as assigned.
The Successful Candidate Is:
• Confident and able to express ideas thoughtfully and with passion.
• Meticulous about the details. Every single one of them.
• Thorough, completes tasks and follows up.
• Passionate about entertainment. A rabid fan of television, film and pop culture.
• Scrappy, resourceful and relentless in trying to find a solution before escalating issues.
• Able to anticipate potential problems and knows when to ask for help.
• Aware that the world of communications is not a 9-5 job.
• Organized, organized, organized -- i.e. there's a label on your label maker.
• Poised, not scared to speak up with the team, and mature.
• Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadlines and pressure.
• Able to pivot and adapt to shifting priorities without missing a beat.
• A proactive and positive thinker and a contributor to the team.
• Knows Google Drive like the back of their hand.
• Able to function effectively as a part of a loosely coupled but highly-aligned team.
• Effective in dealing with PR agencies, talent reps and internal executives.
• A great communicator - via email, by phone, in person-and simultaneously.
The successful candidate will have at least two to three years of media experience either in a studio, news or agency setting. She/he will be a clear and concise communicator with strong written skills.