Coordinator, Contract Administration, Original Series
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
This is your chance to be on the ground floor with a team that is transforming entertainment through original productions, changing the perception of what great content is and how it should be enjoyed and celebrated. Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to over 117 million members in over 190 countries enjoying TV shows and movies everyday. With continued international expansion and a growing slate of original productions, it's a great time to join Netflix.
- The Contract Administration Coordinator will have a strong emphasis on organization and a high level of attention to detail. You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, you are quick-thinking, adaptable to change, able to juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time and are self-motivated. You must have the ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time-frames in a fast-paced environment. You will work closely with the Netflix Business, Legal and Production Finance teams, in addition to Labor Relations, Content Acquisition and the show accountants.
• Proactively review and evaluate the contractual - financial - obligations of agreements and deal memos for above-the-line talent - (Actors, Writers, Producers, Non-Writing Producers, Directors, Line Producers and Casting Directors)?
• Prepare payment authorizations and payment schedules for above-the-line talent and facilitate timely and accurate payments through Netflix Studios, Production Finance? and?/or? the individual show accountants
• Prepare DGA director deal memos for execution
• Create and maintain? series summaries and complete organization of payments? within a cloud-based document management system
• Liaise with productions regarding delivery of key documentation to ensure payments are made in a timely fashion
• Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise
• Act as internal - and external - point-of-contact? for all payment related questions
• Ensure above-the-line payroll start paperwork is received, complete? and accurate
• Assist in researching?, developing? and testing? new technologies that provide the next generation of - contract administration and - production finance tools and determine how and when to best incorporate into the production accounting workflow
• Candidates must have 5 years in production payroll, business affairs, legal or contract administration at a major studio
• Solid understanding of the payroll process and above-the-line union labor agreements (DGA, WGA, SAG-AFTRA)
• Ability to - read and - understand - legal contracts - and articulate issues using? creative, production or financial context
• College degree in business from a well-known university is preferred