Coordinator, Content Acquisition
Full Time Job
Coordinator, Content Acquisition - SE Asia
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced Coordinator who will provide support to the International Content Acquisition team, with particular focus on Southeast Asia (SEA).
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail. This is a demanding and fast-paced role with growth potential that requires curiosity and significant initiative. S/he will report to the Director of Content Acquisition.
• Track and evaluate all incoming material (including pitches, spec scripts, books, etc) and provide recommendations for scripted series and film
• Managing the process and flow of content submission
• Interfacing with prospective content partners
• Acting as a liaison with various departments (Content Ops, Marketing, PR, Legal, Product) to coordinate information sharing and address incoming requests
• Tracking title schedules and key dates for delivery, payments, start dates, options, etc
• Conducting market and competitive research
• Maintaining flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary or assigned
• Increase the team's operational efficiency
• Demonstrated good judgment and strong critical thinking skills.
• Experience working with international vendors and reviewing/maintaining their accounts, as well as reviewing and executing licensing contracts.
• Proven communication skills; must be articulate and professional both in written and verbal form.
• Skilled at identifying priorities and working proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
• High level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally while thinking practically and being solution-oriented.
• Solid experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, G Suite and PowerPoint required.
• Tech-savvy with a strong sense of how cloud-based document and database systems are used in a modern business environment.
• Highly collaborative, resourceful, quick thinking, curious with great calm and a good sense of humor.
• Research and analytic experience required.
• Can be trusted to maintain confidentiality and safeguard valuable information.
Education & Work Experience:
• BA/BS required
• At least 3 years of previous coordinator/project manager experience is required
• Prior studio, agency, consulting or media-focused technology experience required
• A love of TV and knowledge of international markets
• Chinese / Mandarin language skills are a plus
Netflix is a global Internet TV network that offers movies and TV series, commercial-free, to users who pay an affordable monthly fee, and choose how, when and where to watch. We produce award-winning original content and build cutting-edge streaming technology, allowing global stories to travel to users across the world. Over 100 million users stream 125 million hours of content - every day - on Netflix. On a cultural level, what we value more than anything else is getting to work with extraordinarily talented people, in a productive environment.