Coordinator, Business & Legal Affairs, Original Series
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
With over 100 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it is an exciting time to work at Netflix. Our international efforts have brought Netflix to virtually all countries around the globe and we are excited to bring even more of our Originals programming to our viewers everywhere.
Netflix seeks an experienced coordinator for a Los Angeles based role with responsibility for a wide array of matters related to Netflix's original content initiative. The successful candidate will work with the company's Original series team on production legal matters necessary to develop and produce the company's slate of high-profile television shows.
The successful candidate will have some prior experience in entertainment, preferably in a business affairs and/or legal setting. S/he will be highly-organized, self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to juggle multiple responsibilities on a large portfolio of scripted productions.
This is an opportunity to be part of a public company with a great consumer brand and to help Netflix shape the future of television. The legal team at Netflix is small and focused on collaborating with its business partners to help foster innovation.
• Managing, maintaining, and updating various dashboards and document management systems
• Increasing the operational efficiency between the business/legal teams and other internal departments (e.g., marketing, post production, visual effects)
• Working with business and legal executives, line producers and production personnel regarding day-to-day legal issues during prep, principal and post-production
• Assisting in preparation and review of summaries of on-camera talent restrictions/approvals
• Reviewing agreements uploaded by production for issues (e.g., missing signatures, credits, other obligations) and working internally with external production offices to resolve
• Acting as point person for fielding questions related to payments, talent representatives' information, talent deal terms (e.g., contractual travel requirements, dressing room, perks)
• Coordinating receiving, distributing and uploading signed agreements internally and externally
• Coordinating kick off and sync meetings and calls with internal teams and external production teams